|• District||Kyrenia District|
|Country (controlled by)||Northern Cyprus|
|• District||Girne District|
|• Mayor||Yuksel Celebi|
|Time zone||UTC+2 (EET)|
|• Summer (DST)||UTC+3 (EEST)|
|Website||Turkish Cypriot municipality|
The town consists of two parts:
Dikomo is first mentioned in sources in a chronicle by Neophytos the Recluse on a raid on Cyprus in 1155/56. It was close to the site of a battle between the Byzantine forces and the forces of Raynald of Châtillon, who had landed in Kyrenia and further advanced to Nicosia.
- Dimitris Christofias, former president of Cyprus, born in Dikomo
- Georgios Savvides, AKEL MP 1970–1991, born in Dikomo
- Christodoulos Taramountas, Democratic Rally and European Democracy MP, born in Dikomo
- KKTC 2011 Nüfus ve Konut Sayımı [TRNC 2011 Population and Housing Census] (PDF), TRNC State Planning Organization, 6 August 2013, p. 20, archived from the original (PDF) on 2013-11-06
- Papacostas, Tasos (2012). "Byzantine Nicosia: 650-1191". In Michaelides, D. (ed.). Historic Nicosia. Nicosia: Rimal Publications. p. 84.
|This Cyprus location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|