Dole Whip (also known as DOLE Soft Serve) is a soft serve frozen dessert, created by Dole Food Company in 1986. It comes in six fruit flavors: pineapple, strawberry, mango, orange, lemon and raspberry. Dole Whip is well-known at Disneyland and Walt Disney World. They serve it by itself and with DOLE pineapple juice called a DOLE Whip float. It has achieved a cult following among Disney park-goers.
Although known to many to be a Disney treat, it is available throughout the United States. It is also distributed internationally. Menchie's Frozen Yogurt, Orange Leaf Frozen Yogurt, and Peachwave Frozen Yogurt are national franchises that offer DOLE Soft Serve. It is also available at Dutch Wonderland in Lancaster, PA, Skipper Dipper on Long Beach Island, Aloha Soft Serve in Ocean City, NJ, Idlewild Park & Soakzone in Ligonier, PA, Lollicup Fresh in Rowland Heights, CA, Chilly Jilly'z in Boulder City, NV, Daisy Delight in Jefferson City, MO, the Golden Tiki in Las Vegas, Jungle Juice in Hemet, CA, Belmont Park, San Diego, CA, Coastal Cone at the Harbor, in Ventura, California, Berri Yummi in Wilmington, DE, The Top Dog & Dairy in Coopersville, MI, Wild Honey Frozen Yogurt in Pensacola, FL, and in Holiday World & Splashin' Safari in Santa Claus, IN. The Dole Whip is a pineapple-flavored soft-serve frozen dessert, once sold exclusively at Disneyland, The Magic Kingdom, Disney's Polynesian Resort, at Dole's processing plant in Hawaii and also online at www.uec-hawaii.com.
The popular dessert, served in a cup or in a glass of pineapple juice as a float topped with a maraschino cherry and Polynesian paper umbrella, is a benefit of Disneyland's long-standing relation with Dole Foods, corporate sponsors of Walt Disney's Enchanted Tiki Room.
DOLE Whip begins as DOLE Soft Serve dry soft serve mix. It is mixed with water in a mixing bucket and poured in a commercial soft serve machine. The product is dairy-free, gluten-free,cholesterol free, and fat free. In 1997, Kent Precision Foods Group stepped in to license the DOLE Whip.
- 6, dolesoftserve April; 2016 (2016-03-31). "DOLE Whip™ vs. DOLE® Soft Serve". dolesoftserve. Retrieved 2016-04-29.
- Trinh, Jean. "The History Of Dole Whip And Its Cult Following At Disneyland". LAist. Retrieved 2016-04-29.
- "Dole Whip’s not just for Disney anymore". Discover San Diego. Retrieved 2 July 2016.
- "A dozen frozen treat shops around the Wyoming Valley to visit this summer". The Times Leader. 14 June 2016. Retrieved 2 July 2016.
- "Menchie's Frozen Yogurt: Frozen Yogurt: Frozen Yoghurt: Flavors". www.menchies.com. Retrieved 2016-04-29.
- "Dole Pineapple". www.orangeleafyogurt.com. Retrieved 2016-04-29.
- "Ingredients - Peachwave Yogurt". www.peachwaveyogurt.com. Retrieved 2016-04-29.
- "Aloha Soft Serve". Retrieved 2016-05-27.
- "Idlewild and SoakZone - Where to Eat". Idlewild and SoakZone. Retrieved 2016-07-08.
- "DOLE® Soft Serve :: Product Information". dolesoftserve.com. Retrieved 2016-04-29.