Dorothy Bush Koch
|Dorothy Bush Koch|
Dorothy Bush Koch at the 2006 Texas Book Festival
Dorothy Walker Bush|
August 18, 1959
Harris County, Texas, U.S.
|Residence||Bethesda, Maryland, U.S.|
|Alma mater||Boston College (Bachelor of Arts)|
|Relatives||See Bush family|
Dorothy Walker "Doro" Bush Koch (born August 18, 1959) is an American author and philanthropist. She is the youngest child and only living daughter of the 41st President of the United States, George H. W. Bush, and former First Lady Barbara Bush.
Dorothy Walker Bush was born on August 18, 1959, in Harris County, Texas. Her father, George H. W. Bush, was the 41st President of the United States, and her mother, Barbara Bush, was the First Lady. She was named after her paternal grandmother, Dorothy Walker Bush. Her brother, George W. Bush, was the 43rd President of the United States. Her other four siblings are Pauline Robinson "Robin" Bush, who died of leukemia in 1953; former Florida governor Jeb Bush; Neil Bush; and Marvin Bush. Since she was a child, she has spent summers and holidays at the Bush compound, a sprawling estate in Kennebunkport, Maine.
Career and volunteer work
Koch is an event organizer and fundraiser for charities and other nonprofit organizations. She is co-chair of the Barbara Bush Foundation for Family Literacy along with her brother Jeb. She has also served as a pioneer fundraiser for her brother's presidential campaigns.
She is the author of the book My Father, My President: A Personal Account of the Life of George H. W. Bush (2006).
In 1982, she married William Heekin LeBlond (b. January 11, 1957). They had two children, Samuel Bush (b. 1984) and Nancy Ellis (b. 1986). They divorced in 1990.
In June 1992, she married Robert P. Koch (b. 1960). The wedding took place at Camp David. They have two children, Robert David (b. 1993) and Georgia Grace (b. 1996). Robert P. Koch was an aide to House Democratic leader Richard Gephardt, and is a lobbyist and president of the Wine Institute. He has a substantial equity interest in Central European Distribution Corp., a company that manufactures and distributes vodka in Poland.
She resides in Bethesda, Maryland, with her family.
- Texas Births, 1926-1995 Family Tree Legends
- Knott, Stephen. "George H. W. Bush: Life Before the Presidency". Charlottesville, Virginia: Miller Center, the University of Virginia. Retrieved April 24, 2018.
- Wead, Doug. All the Presidents' Children. Atria (January 6, 2004), p.291.
- "Teacher Weds Dorothy Bush". The New York Times. September 2, 1982. Retrieved July 16, 2015.
- Bush Donor Profile: Dorothy Bush Koch Archived October 9, 2011, at the Wayback Machine. Texans For Public Justice
- "Aircraft Carrier Named the USS George H.W. Bush Commissioned". Fox News. January 10, 2009.
- Knight-Ridder News Service (June 26, 1992). "A Bush wedding is under wraps". The Baltimore Sun. Retrieved July 16, 2015.
- "Wine Institute of California announces Robert P. Koch as President and Chief Executive Officer". PRNewswire (Press release). June 12, 2003.
- "Central European Distribution Corp". Company Profile. US SEC. 2006-02-06. Retrieved 2007-12-22.
- Media related to Dorothy Bush Koch at Wikimedia Commons