William H. T. Bush
|William H. T. Bush|
|Born||William Henry Trotter Bush
July 14, 1938
|Education||Hotchkiss School (1956)
Yale University (B.A. 1960)
Dorothy Walker Bush
|Relatives||George H. W. Bush (brother)
George W. Bush (nephew)
Jeb Bush (nephew)
William Henry Trotter "Bucky" Bush (born July 14, 1938) is an American businessman. He was the youngest son of Prescott Sheldon Bush and Dorothy Walker Bush, the youngest brother of former President George H. W. Bush, and the uncle of former President George W. Bush.
Born in Greenwich, Connecticut, he graduated from the Hotchkiss School, Lakeville, CT, in 1956, and earned a BA from Yale University in 1960, where he became a brother of the Psi Upsilon fraternity.
Bush has worked in banking and venture capital, and sits on a number of corporate boards. He founded Bush O'Donnell & Co. in 1986 and remains CEO of that firm. He has worked on the election campaigns of George H.W., George W., and Jeb Bush, primarily as a fundraiser.
A former president of and director of the St. Louis-based Boatmen's Bancshares from 1978 to 1986, Bush has been active in various St. Louis civic functions: he has been chairman of the Board of Trustees of Saint Louis University (1985–92), chairman of the Missouri Botanical Gardens (1991–93) and president of the Municipal Opera Association (2005–06). He is also a director of Maritz, Inc. (performance improvement, travel and management research), and served on the Blue Cross Blue Shield of Missouri board of directors from 1989 to 1994.
On May 18, 2010, Bush was taken to Methodist Hospital of Indianapolis after collapsing during a WellPoint shareholder's meeting in Indianapolis. Bush is on the company's board of directors. One of the doctors at the hospital said that Bush was alert and talking and he "felt like he was going to be OK".
In 2005, reports emerged that Bush had garnered significant profits from the sale of Engineered Support Systems, a defense contractor working for The Pentagon in Iraq and Afghanistan. Further reports in 2006 corroborated these stock sales in the range of USD 1.9 million.
- Cruice, Valerie (June 23, 1991). "Franklin's Greatest Hits At Early Music Festival". New York Times. Retrieved March 8, 2015.*a"Mr. Bush, who grew up in Greenwich and graduated from the Hotchkiss School and Yale University, is a bit of a musician himself, he said recently." — ¶ 16
- William H.T. (Bucky) Bush – bushodonnell.com – Retrieved January 28, 2008
- Forbes. https://www.forbes.com/profile/william-bush/
- Lee, Daniel (May 18, 2010). "Bush uncle collapses at WellPoint event". Indianapolis Star. Retrieved May 18, 2010.
- Barras, David (May 18, 2010). "Former President Bush's brother collapses at Wellpoint meeting". WISH-TV. Retrieved June 28, 2010.
- "Company's Work in Iraq Profited Bush's Uncle". Los Angeles Times. February 23, 2005.
Whitney family of Connecticut