|Founder||Jack David and Robert Lecker|
|Country of origin||Canada|
|Distribution||Canadian Manda Group (Canada)
Legato Publishers Group, a Publishers Group West affiliate (USA)
Turnaround Publisher Services Ltd.(UK & Europe)
New South Books (Australia & New Zealand)
|Owner(s)||Jack David and David Caron|
|Number of employees||11-50|
ECW Press is a Canadian book publisher located in Toronto, Ontario. It was founded by Jack David and Robert Lecker in 1974 as a Canadian literary magazine named Essays on Canadian Writing. They started publishing trade and scholarly books in 1979.
ECW Press publishes a range of fiction, non-fiction, poetry, sport, and pop culture. As the company grew and diversified what they publish, the company name could no longer stand for Essays in Canadian Writing. In 2015, Publishers Weekly listed ECW Press as one of the fastest-growing independent publishers in North America.
ECW Press releases around 50 new titles a year and claims to have published thousands of books distributed throughout the English-speaking world and translated into dozens of languages.
The company was founded by Jack David and Robert Lecker in 1974 as a Canadian literary magazine named Essays on Canadian Writing. Five years later, ECW published its first books—trade and scholarly titles. It started with two principal series: the Annotated Bibliography of Canada's Major Authors (ABCMA) and Canadian Writers and Their Works (CWTW). Through the 1980s ECW upgraded its typesetting facilities, published reference titles, and began to service third-party clients, creating books for corporations to use for promotional purposes and events such as anniversaries. In the 1990s, ECW re-commenced trade publishing and expanded its scholarly and reference lines for high school and public libraries. They started publishing a mix of commercial books alongside their literary books, such as pop culture books (the first being The Duchovny Files: The Truth Is in Here by Paul Mitchell, published 1995. The book is a biographical dossier on actor David Duchovny and includes episode guides of The X-Files), sports books (mainly wrestling, ice hockey, and mixed martial arts), and genre fiction (literary fiction, mystery, crime fiction, science fiction, fantasy, young adult, and humour).
Robert Lecker left the company in 2003 to follow his own pursuits, and in 2013 David Caron (an ECW employee since 2004) bought part of the company from Jack David. Jack David and David Caron remain co-publishers and co-owners.
- Heather Tucker, The Clay Girl
- Jen Sookfong Lee, The Conjoined
- Anne Emery, Cecilian Vespers, The Sign of the Cross, Obit, Ruined Abbey, Death at Christy Burke's, Lament for Bonnie, Children in the Morning, and Barrington Street Blues
- Joey Comeau, Overqualified
- Cordelia Strube, On the Shores of Darkness, There Is Light
- John McFetridge, Dirty Sweet: A Mystery, Everybody Knows This is Nowhere, Swap: A Mystery, Tumblin' dice
- Kevin J. Anderson, Clockwork Lives (with Neil Peart), Clockwork Angels (with Neil Peart), editor of 2113: Stories Inspired by the Music of Rush
- Neil Peart, Ghost Rider: Travels on the Healing Road, Roadshow, Far and Away, Far and Near, Far and Away
- Darcy McKeough, The Duke of Kent
- Maude Barlow, Boiling Point
- George Bowering, The Hockey Scribbler
- Barry Avrich, Moguls, Monsters and Madmen
- Geri Jewell, I'm Walking as Straight as I Can
- Marilyn Dumont, The Pemmican Eaters
- Judith Fitzgerald, River
- Ashley-Elizabeth Best, Slow States of Collapse
- Robert Priest, Reading the Bible Backwards
- Jamie Sharp, Cut-up Apologetic
- Patrick Woodcock, You can't bury them all
- George Murray, Whiteout, Glimpse, Diversion
- Emily Schultz, Songs for the Dancing Chicken
- R. M. Vaughan, Ruined Stars
- Paul Vermeersch, The Fat Kid
- Hawksley Workman, Hawksley Burns for Isadora
- Tim Hornbaker, National Wrestling Alliance, The Untold Story of the Monopoly that Strangled Pro Wrestling, Capitol Revolution,
- Yvonne Bambrick, The Urban Cycling Survival Guide
- Val James, Black Ice
- Red Kelly, The Red Kelly Story
- Pat Patterson, Accepted
- Dennis Hull, The Third Best Hull
- Bruce Hart, Straight from the Hart
- Greg Prato, Sack Exchange
- Lindsay Gibb, National Treasure
- Crissy Calhoun, Love You To Death, Spotted: your one and only unofficial guide to Gossip Girl
- Jesse McLean, Wait For It
- Graeme Burk and Robert Smith?, Who's 50, Who Is The Doctor, The Doctors Are In
- Greg Renoff, Van Halen Rising
- "Books". ECW Press. Retrieved 2016-06-22.
- "Fast-Growing Independent Publishers, 2015". PublishersWeekly.com. Retrieved 2016-06-22.
- , ECW Official Site - About Us.
- "In House: ECW Press | LPG Members Site". www.lpg.ca. Retrieved 2016-06-22.
- Andrew Hudson (2014-11-05). "ECW Press bucking the trends in publishing industry". Beach Metro Community News. Retrieved 2016-06-22.