|Full name||Edwin Arturo Congo Murillo|
|Date of birth||7 October 1976|
|Place of birth||Bogotá, Colombia|
|Height||1.85 m (6 ft 1 in)|
|1999–2000||→ Valladolid (loan)||12||(1)|
|2000–2001||→ Vitória Guimarães (loan)||11||(4)|
|2001||→ Toulouse (loan)||8||(1)|
* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only.
Basing his game in physical display, he played most of his professional career in Spain, appearing for a host of clubs in various league levels and amassing league totals of 164 games and 33 goals (44/3 in La Liga) in eight seasons.
Amongst others Congo represented Real Madrid, without any impact as he was loaned for most of the duration of his contract.
After impressive performances with Once Caldas, Congo was acquired by La Liga giants Real Madrid in 1999. However, he would not register one single league appearance for the capital side during his stay there (the only season in which he played with the club was 2001–02), while also serving loans to Real Valladolid, Vitória Sport Clube and Toulouse FC.
Congo's most steady period in Spain, and abroad overall, was lived at Levante UD – two top flight promotions, with eight goals scored in the 2003–04 campaign – while he also netted 11 in 2006–07 for Sporting de Gijón also in the second division.
In the 2007–08 season Congo had an uneventful Spanish top flight stint with Recreativo de Huelva, being released at the end of the campaign. With the following campaign already started, he decided to join CD Olímpic de Xàtiva in the Valencian regional championships as he was residing in the area, while also trying to keep himself fit while waiting for an offer from a mid-to-high level team in Europe. He scored three times in his first two matches.
Congo retired from football in 2009 at the age of 33, after another brief spell in amateur football also in Spain.
- "El 'culebrón' Congo toca a su fín" [Congo 'soap opera' coming to an end] (PDF) (in Spanish). El Mundo Deportivo. 13 August 2007. Retrieved 11 April 2014.
- Edwin Congo deslumbra... en la Regional Preferente (Edwin Congo shines... in Regional Preferente); Marca, 15 December 2008 (Spanish)
- Colombia – Record International Players; at RSSSF
- BDFutbol profile
- Edwin Congo at National-Football-Teams.com
- Edwin Congo profile at Soccerway
- Stats at Footballdatabase