|Time zone||UTC+5:30 (IST)|
Eluru mandal is one of the 46 mandals in West Godavari district of the Indian state of Andhra Pradesh. It is administered under Eluru revenue division and its headquarters are located at Eluru city. The mandal is bounded by Pedapadu mandal, Pedavegi mandal, Denduluru mandal, Bhimadole mandal and it also borders Krishna district.
As of 2011[update] census, the Mandal had a population of 319,405. The total population constitute, 157,783 males and 161,622 females —a sex ratio of 1024 females per 1000 males. 29,992 children are in the age group of 0–6 years, of which 15,295 are boys and 14,697 are girls. The average literacy rate stands at 81.60% with 236,156 literates.
Towns and villages
As of 2011[update] census, the Mandal has 22 settlements. It includes 1 city, 4 census towns, 2 out growths and 15 villages. Eluru (rural) is the most populated and Manuru is the least populated village in the mandal.
The settlements in the mandal are listed below:
- Eluru (M.Corp)
- Eluru (rural) (part) (OG)
- Gavaravaram (CT)
- Komadavole (part) (OG)
- Sanivarapupeta (CT)
- Satrampadu (CT)
- Tangellamudi (CT)
- "Krishna District Mandals" (PDF). Census of India. p. 439,467-468. Retrieved 19 January 2015.
- "Census 2011". The Registrar General & Census Commissioner, India. Retrieved 12 September 2014.
- "Summer takes its toll on aqua farming".
- "Administrative units of the District". The official website West Godavari District Website. Government of Andhra Pradesh. Retrieved 8 February 2015.
- "Mandals in West Godavari district". aponline.gov.in. Archived from the original on 29 April 2015. Retrieved 12 September 2014.
- "Eluru mandal villages" (PDF). Chief Commissioner of Land Administration, Govt. of Andhra Pradesh. National Informatics Centre. pp. 4–5. Archived from the original (PDF) on 8 February 2015. Retrieved 10 February 2015.
- "Sub-District Details of West Godavari District". The Registrar General & Census Commissioner, India. Retrieved 12 September 2014.
- "Abbreviations used". censusindia.gov.in. Retrieved 26 May 2014.