|This article needs additional citations for verification. (May 2014) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
|• Total||24.42 km2 (9.43 sq mi)|
|• Density||2,000/km2 (5,200/sq mi)|
|Time zone||IST (UTC+5:30)|
As of 2011[update] Census of India, the city had a population of 48,994. The total population constitute, 23,997 males and 24,997 females —a sex ratio of 1042 females per 1000 males, higher than the national average of 940 per 1000. 5,082 children are in the age group of 0–6 years, of which 2,605 are boys and 2,477 are girls—a ratio of 951 per 1000. The average literacy rate stands at 80.09% (male 83.61%; female 76.75%) with 35,169 literates, significantly higher than the national average of 73.00%.
Jangareddygudem is an upland agency area. Its average elevation is 74 meters above sea level. It is not prone to any floods or damp soils.
The Tobacco Farmers bring their crop to the Tobacco Board for auction, in which Tobacco Board authorized companies participate to buy tobacco from farmers with the Board acting as middle man facilitating the auction by providing the real estate and payment processing through banks. Tobacco Board is an arm of ITC Ltd (ILTD division) of Govt of India. The process of electronic auctioning of tobacco was first introduced in India at the Jangareddygudem Tobacco Board.
The town has a total road length of 72.00 km (44.74 mi). Jangareddygudem bus depot is owned and operated by APSRTC. It operates bus services to most of the surrounding destinations and other districts. State Highway 42 connects the town with Palakollu and State Highway 44 with Eluru.
- "Municipalities, Municipal Corporations & UDAs" (PDF). Directorate of Town and Country Planning. Government of Andhra Pradesh. Archived from the original (PDF) on 28 January 2016. Retrieved 29 January 2016.
- "Census 2011". The Registrar General & Census Commissioner, India. Retrieved 3 September 2014.
- "Sex Ratio". The Registrar General & Census Commissioner, India. Retrieved 3 September 2014.
- "Chapter–3 (Literates and Literacy rate)" (PDF). Registrar General and Census Commissioner of India. Retrieved 3 September 2014.
- "Location of Auction Platforms in Andhra Pradesh". Retrieved 15 May 2017.
- "Tobacco farmers on a high". Retrieved 15 May 2017.
- "Tobacco farmers in State earn good returns". Retrieved 15 May 2017.
- "Details of Roads in each ULB of Andhra Pradesh". Commissioner and Directorate of Municipal Administration. Municipal Administration and Urban Developmemt Department - Government of Andhra Pradesh. Archived from the original on 1 August 2016. Retrieved 28 March 2017.
- "Bus Depots". APSRTC. Archived from the original on 9 March 2016. Retrieved 4 June 2016.
- "Road Maps". Roads and Buildings Department. Government of Andhra Pradesh. Retrieved 29 February 2016.
- "School Education Department" (PDF). School Education Department, Government of Andhra Pradesh. Archived from the original (PDF) on 27 December 2015. Retrieved 7 November 2016.
- "The Department of School Education – Official AP State Government Portal | AP State Portal". www.ap.gov.in. Archived from the original on 7 November 2016. Retrieved 7 November 2016.