||This biographical article needs additional citations for verification, as it includes attribution to IMDb. (November 2008) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
Esther Cañadas at The Brandery show (2010)
1 March 1977 |
|Height||1.78 m (5 ft 10 in)|
|Hair color||Dark blond|
Cañadas signed her first contract with the Take 2 Agency after winning a local competition for a teen magazine. She represented her country in a model search and was sent to South Africa. She then moved to Barcelona on her own to begin working.
Cañadas has walked the catwalk for many designers, including Chloé, Gucci, Dolce & Gabbana, Versace, Chanel, Michael Kors, Calvin Klein, Alexander McQueen, Yves Saint Laurent, Valentino, Moschino, Custo Barcelona and Givenchy.
She moved to New York City in 1996 and has since appeared in campaigns for Atelier Versace, Gianfranco Ferré, Donna Karan, and Saks Fifth Avenue, as well as appearing in the Victoria's Secret catalog. She is probably most known, however, for her appearances in DKNY ads. She has graced the cover of Mademoiselle, Marie Claire Italy, Mondo Uomo, as well as Vogue Spain—all in 1997.
Cañadas met her first husband, model Mark Vanderloo, on the set of a Donna Karan advertising DKNY shoot in 1997. They married in 1999, but divorced in November 2000. She married MotoGP rider Sete Gibernau. In 2008, Gibernau confirmed that he had split with Cañadas.
In December 2014, Cañadas gave birth to her first child, Galia.
- Trileros (2003)
- Torrente 2: Misión en Marbella (2001)
- Enslavement: The True Story of Fanny Kemble (2000, TV)
- The Thomas Crown Affair (1999)
Notable TV guest appearances
- Cinema Mil playing Anfitriona (archive footage) (uncredited) (episode # 1.10) 17 September 2005
- Cinema Mil playing Anna Knudsen/Anna Knutzhorn (archive footage) (episode # 1.2) 23 July 2005
- Lo + plus playing herself 24 March 2004
- Entre Línies playing herself 18 September 2000
- Mundo VIP playing herself in episode: "Show nº220" (episode # 5.32) 12 August 2000