|Subsidiary of LVMH|
|Founder||Adele and Edoardo Fendi|
Number of locations
|197 stores worldwide (2014)|
|Karl Lagerfeld, Creative Director for Fur & RTW |
Silvia Venturini Fendi, Creative Director for Accessories & Men's
Pietro Beccari, Chairman & CEO
|Revenue||€ 800 million (2011), tg|
|US$ 1.1 billion|
|Total assets||US$ 970 million|
|Total equity||US$ 330 million|
Fendi (Italian pronunciation: [ˈfɛndi]) is an Italian luxury fashion house producing fur, ready-to-wear, leather goods, shoes, fragrances, eyewear, timepieces and accessories. Founded in 1925 in Rome, Fendi is renowned for its fur and fur accessories. Fendi is also well known for its leather goods such as "Baguette", 2jours, Peekaboo or Pequin handbags.
This section needs expansion. You can help by adding to it. (February 2013)
The house of Fendi was launched in 1925 by Adele and Edoardo Fendi as a fur and leather shop in Via del Plebiscito, Rome. Since 1946, the five second generation sisters (Paola, Anna, Franca, Carla and Alda) joined the company. Karl Lagerfeld joined Fendi in 1965 and became the Creative Director for Fur and also for Women Ready-to-Wear (launched in 1977). Silvia Venturini Fendi, daughter of Anna, joined in 1994 and is the Creative Director for Accessories and Men's lines. Since 2001, Fendi became a multinational luxury fashion brand and member of LVMH group.
In 2015, Fendi funded the restoration of the Trevi Fountain in Rome, and held the company’s 90th anniversary show over the fountain using a plexiglas floor. Fendi signed a partnership with the Galleria Borghese to support the museum's exhibitions for the following three years. In 2017, Fendi released a customization shop in collaboration with e-commerce platform Farfetch for made-to-order handbag designs.
- "Fendi perfumes and colognes". Fragrantica.com. Retrieved October 24, 2011.
- Chevalier, Michel; Gerald Mazzalovo (2012). "3". Luxury Brand Management (second ed.). Singapore: John Wiley & Sons. p. 53 (of 316). ISBN 978-1-118-17176-9.
- Bergin, Olivia (October 24, 2011). "Karl Lagerfeld to launch new, accessible line". The Telegraph. London. Archived from the original on November 4, 2011. Retrieved October 24, 2011.
- Zargani, Luisa (18 February 2014). "Fendi Partnering With Google to Livestream Runway Show". WWD. Retrieved 24 February 2014.
- "Fendi: why the fashion house is investing in Rome's patrimony". The Week. 5 March 2018. Retrieved 27 March 2018.
- Roberts, Andrew (23 June 2014). "Fendi Touts Dolce Vita as Owner LVMH Relies on Brand". Bloomberg.
- Luisa Zargani (13 September 2017). "Fendi Inks Partnership With Rome's Galleria Borghese". WWD. Retrieved 27 March 2018.
- Rachel Arthur (29 November 2017). "Customized Luxury: Fendi Turns To Digital For Bespoke Handbag Launch". Forbes. Retrieved 27 March 2018.