|Subsidiary of LVMH|
|Founder||Adele and Edoardo Fendi|
Number of locations
|197 stores worldwide (2014)|
|Karl Lagerfeld, creative director for fur & RTW
Silvia Venturini Fendi, creative director for accessories & men's
Pietro Beccari, chairman & CEO
|Revenue||€ 800 million (2011), tg|
|Profit||US$ 1.1 billion|
|Total assets||US$ 970 million|
|Total equity||US$ 330 million|
|Owner||LVMH (90%), Fendi family (10%)|
Fendi (Italian pronunciation: [ˈfɛndi]) is an Italian luxury fashion house whose specialities include fur, ready-to-wear, leather goods, shoes, fragrances, eyewear, timepieces and accessories. Founded in 1925 in Rome, Fendi is renowned for its fur and fur accessories. Fendi is also well known for its leather goods such as "Baguette", 2jours, Peekaboo or Pequin handbags.
|This section needs expansion. You can help by adding to it. (February 2013)|
The house of Fendi was launched in 1925 by Adele and Edoardo Fendi as a fur and leather shop in Via del Plebiscito, Rome. Since 1946, the five sisters of second generation (Paola, Anna, Franca, Carla & Alda) started entering the company and bought new wave of enthusiasm. Karl Lagerfeld joined Fendi in 1965 and became the Creative Director for Fur and also for Women Ready-to-Wear (launched in 1977). Silvia Venturini Fendi, daughter of Anna, joined in 1994 and is the Creative Director for Accessories and Men's lines. Since 2001, Fendi became a multinational luxury fashion brand and member of LVMH group.
Fendi invested more than 2 million euros (approximately $2.7 million) to help restore the Trevi Fountain in Rome designed by Nicola Salvi in 18th century. The restoration works started June 2014. “It’s about tying us with a city that makes millions of people dream,” Fendi CEO Pietro Beccari said.
- "Fendi perfumes and colognes". Fragrantica.com. Retrieved October 24, 2011.
- Chevalier, Michel; Gerald Mazzalovo (2012). "3". Luxury Brand Management (second ed.). Singapore: John Wiley & Sons. p. 53 (of 316). ISBN 978-1-118-17176-9.
- Bergin, Olivia (October 24, 2011). "Karl Lagerfeld to launch new, accessible line". The Telegraph. London. Archived from the original on November 4, 2011. Retrieved October 24, 2011.
- Zargani, Luisa (18 February 2014). "Fendi Partnering With Google to Livestream Runway Show". WWD. Retrieved 24 February 2014.
- Roberts, Andrew (23 June 2014). "Fendi Touts Dolce Vita as Owner LVMH Relies on Brand". Bloomberg.