Estrella Warbird Museum
|Location||4251 Dry Creek Road|
Paso Robles, California
|Type||Military Aviation History|
The Estrella Warbirds Museum is an aviation museum dedicated to the restoration and preservation of military aircraft, vehicles, and memorabilia. The museum is located at Paso Robles Municipal Airport in central California and is named after Estrella Army Airfield. In July, 2009, the museum opened an automobile display featuring classic racing cars, The Woodland Auto Display.
As of January 2019, the following aircraft were on exhibit at the museum.
- Aeronca L-16
- Aermacchi MB-326
- Beechcraft T-34 Mentor
- Bell UH-1D Iroquois
- Cessna T-37B Tweety Bird
- Douglas A-4A Skyhawk
- Douglas TA-4J Skyhawk
- Douglas C-47B Skytrain
- General Dynamics F-16B Fighting Falcon
- Grumman A-6E Intruder
- Grumman US-2D Tracker
- Grumman F-9F8P Cougar
- Fouga CM-170 Magister
- Lockheed TF-104G Starfighter
- Lockheed P-2V-5F Neptune
- Lockheed T-33A Shooting Star
- McDonnell Douglas F-4S Phantom
- North American L-17A Navion
- North American OV-10A Bronco
- North American QF-86F Sabre
- North American T-28B Trojan
- North American SNJ-5C Cashen/Texan
- Northrop F-5A Freedom Fighter
- Northrop-Grumman F-14B Tomcat
- Piaggio P.149D Piggi
- Saab A32A Lansen
- Sikorsky UH-19D Chickasaw
- Sikorsky UH-34D Choctaw
- Sikorsky HH-52A Seaguard
- Stinson V-77 Reliant
- Stinson L-5E Sentinel
- Taylor J-2 Cub
- Vought A-7C Corsair II
- Vought F-8K Crusader
Armament and ordnance
As of January 2019, the following armament and ordnance were on exhibit at the museum.
- Alvis FV 603 Saracen armored personnel carrier
- Bofors 40mm anti-aircraft gun
- M40 105 mm Recoilless Rifle
- General Dynamics M60A3 main battle tank
- General Dynamics M60 tank turret
- Quad 50 cal M2 Heavy Barrel Machine Gun
- United Defense M901 ITV anti-tank vehicle
- 57mm M1 anti-tank gun
- ZPU-1 14.5 mm anti-aircraft gun
As of December 2019, the following military vehicles were on exhibit at the museum.
- AMC Mighty Mite Jeep
- Diamond REO M52
- Dodge M37 WC Truck
- Dodge M43 Ambulance
- Dodge WC4 Power Wagon
- Excelisior Welbike Mark 1
- FMC Landing Vehicle Tracked LVPT-5
- FMC Armored Personnel Carrier M113A3
- Ford GPW Jeep
- Ford GTBA G622 Burma Jeep
- Ford Model T Ambulance
- Ford MUTT Jeep
- General Motors DUKW 1942 Utility Vehicle AWD
- Higgins LCVP Landing Craft
- IHC M35 Series Troop Carrier
- M35A1 Armored Gun Truck
- M60A3 Tank
- Alvis Saracen FV-603 armored personnel carrier
- White M2 Half Track
- Willys M274 Mule with 105 mm Recoilless Rifle
- Willys M38A1 Jeep
As of January 2019, the following missiles were on exhibit at the museum.
- Hughes AIM-4 Falcon air-to-air missile
- Martin HGM-25A Titan I intercontinental ballistic missile
- Raytheon AIM-7 Sparrow air-to-air missile
- Raytheon AIM-9 Sidewinder air-to-air missile
- Raytheon AIM-54C Phoenix air-to-air missile
- Raytheon AIM-120 AMRAAM air-to-air missile
As of January 2019, the following automobiles were on exhibit at the museum.
Estrella Warbirds Museum is home to the Woodland Auto Display and includes (but not limited to) the following
- 1932 Ford Jalopy
- 1932 Ford 75th Anniversary Deuce reproduction
- 1937, 1938, 1948, 1952 Midget racers
- 1947 Track Roadster
- 1948 Mercury Sedan Coupe
- 1961 USAC Championship Indy Car Roadster
- 1962, 1965, 1969, 1975, 1995 Sprint cars
- 1966, 1982 Super Modified racers
- 2001 NASCAR Ford Taurus
- 2007 NASCAR Toyota Camry
- Link Trainer
- Douglas A-3 Skywarrior Whale (front fuselage only)
- McDonnell Douglas FA-18 Hornet (Flight Simulator)
- McDonnell F-4D Phantom (front fuselage only)
- Radio Plane MQM-33 Target Trainer
- Northrop AQM-38 Target Drone
- Red Ball Express Motor Pool
- Ryan BQM 34S Firebee
- General Atomics GNAT 750
Estrella Warbirds Museum is home to a host of family oriented events, including a monthly catered dinner with an engaging guest speaker, Group Tours, Company Events, Car Club Destinations, etc. Starting in 2009, the Warbirds Wings & Wheels event has attracted unique vehicles and people from throughout the Western United States and includes celebrity guest hosts. An automotive related swap meet has been included as part of Warbirds Wings & Wheels.
- "Welcome to the Estrella Warbird Museum". Paso Robles, California: Estrella Warbird Museum. Retrieved January 17, 2010.
- "The Woodland Family Automobile Collection". Paso Robles, California: Estrella Warbird Museum. Retrieved January 17, 2010.
- "Estrella Warbird Museum Aircraft". Paso Robles, California: Estrella Warbird Museum. Retrieved January 17, 2010.
- "Armament & Ordnance". Paso Robles, California: Estrella Warbird Museum. Retrieved January 17, 2010.
- "Estrella Warbird Missiles". Paso Robles, California: Estrella Warbird Museum. Retrieved December 20, 2017.
- "Missiles". Paso Robles, California: Estrella Warbird Museum. Retrieved January 17, 2010.
- Thomas, Hayley (January 5, 2010). "Fast times at Estrella Warbirds Museum" (fee required). Paso Robles Press. News Media Corporation. Retrieved January 17, 2010.
- Skaarup, Harold A. (2002). California Warbird Survivors 2002: A Handbook on Where to Find Them. iUniverse. pp. 140–141. ISBN 978-0-595-23644-2.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Estrella Warbird Museum.|