Etna-Troy Township, Whitley County, Indiana
Troy Presbyterian Church
Location in Whitley County
|• Type||Indiana township|
|• Total||36.04 sq mi (93.3 km2)|
|• Land||35.19 sq mi (91.1 km2)|
|• Water||0.85 sq mi (2.2 km2) 2.36%|
|Elevation||932 ft (284 m)|
|• Density||53.7/sq mi (20.7/km2)|
|Time zone||Eastern (EST) (UTC-5)|
|• Summer (DST)||EDT (UTC-4)|
|GNIS feature ID||453281|
According to the 2010 census, the township has a total area of 36.04 square miles (93.3 km2), of which 35.19 square miles (91.1 km2) (or 97.64%) is land and 0.85 square miles (2.2 km2) (or 2.36%) is water. Lakes in this township include Goose Lake, Indian Lake, Little Troy Cedar Lake, Loon Lake, Mud Lake, New Lake, Old Lake, Rine Lake, Robinson Lake, Scott Lake, Tadpole Lake, Troy Cedar Lake and Winters Lake. The stream of Cedar Lake Branch runs through this township.
(This list is based on USGS data and may include former settlements.)
- Washington Township, Noble County (north)
- Noble Township, Noble County (northeast)
- Thorncreek Township (east)
- Richland Township (south)
- Washington Township, Kosciusko County (west)
- Tippecanoe Township, Kosciusko County (northwest)
The township contains four cemeteries: Adams, Kiester, Pleasant Grove and Scott.
- "Etna-Troy Township, Whitley County, Indiana". Geographic Names Information System. United States Geological Survey. Retrieved 2009-09-24.
- United States Census Bureau cartographic boundary files
- "US Board on Geographic Names". United States Geological Survey. October 25, 2007. Retrieved 2017-05-08.
- "Population, Housing Units, Area, and Density: 2010 - County -- County Subdivision and Place -- 2010 Census Summary File 1". United States Census. Retrieved 2013-05-10.