Faircrest Heights, Los Angeles
This article needs additional citations for verification. (October 2017) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Country||United States of America|
Faircrest Heights is a neighborhood in Central Los Angeles, California.
In December 2004, Los Angeles magazine named Faircrest Heights one of the "10 Best Districts You've Never Heard Of".
Faircrest Heights is bounded by Alvira Street on the west, Fairfax Avenue on the east, Pico Boulevard on the north and Sawyer Avenue on the south. 
P.I.C.O. Neighborhood Council
The P.I.C.O. Neighborhood Council map does not indicate a neighborhood called Faircrest Heights. Instead, they break the area into two different residential districts: “Neighbors United” and “C.H.A.P.S.”  Per the council bylaws, the two combined residential districts are bounded by La Cienega Boulevard on the west; Fairfax Avenue on the east; Pico Boulevard on the north; and David Avenue and Venice Boulevard on the south.
Crestview and La Cienega Heights are located to the west; Reynier Village is located to the southwest; Carthay Square, Little Ethiopia, and South Carthay neighborhoods are to the north; and Picfair Village is located to the east. The Culver City Arts District is located to the south.
Based on the 2010 Census, within the five census block groups that compose Faircrest Heights, racial representation is mixed with approximately 38% White, 37% African American, 8% Asian, and 18% other. The housing stock was primarily built in the late 1920s to early 1940s, and consists of primarily Spanish Colonial Revival, English Revival, and Minimal Traditional style single family residences, with some small apartment buildings (mostly in the areas north of Pickford Street).[third-party source needed]
- Los Angeles Magazine. Emmis Communications. p. 84. ISSN 1522-9149. Retrieved 2014-12-10.
- Google (7 September 2017). "The Faircrest Heights Neighborhood as indicated on Google Maps" (Map). Google Maps. Google. Retrieved 7 September 2017.
- "P.I.C.O. Neighborhood Council - Neighbors United". Retrieved 3 July 2018.
- "P.I.C.O. Neighborhood Council - C.H.A.P.S." Retrieved 3 July 2018.
- "P.I.C.O. Neighborhood Council Bylaws". Retrieved 3 July 2018.
- "2010 Census Interactive Population Map". Retrieved 28 June 2018.
- "LA County Property Assessment Information System". Retrieved 28 June 2018.