Fairy Tale Police Department
|This article does not cite any references (sources). (May 2013)|
|Fairy Tale Police Department|
|Created by||Ron Isaak
|Directed by||David Evans
|Voices of||Sarah Aubrey
|Theme music composer||Clive Harrison|
|Opening theme||"Fairy Tale Police Department"|
|Ending theme||"Fairy Tale Police Department" (Instrumental)|
|Country of origin||Australia|
|No. of seasons||1|
|No. of episodes||26|
|Executive producer(s)||Ron Isaak
Thorsten Wegener (for Victory)
Cathrin Diez and Andre Kussmaul (co-executive producers)
Christian Heuermann (for Victory)
Leora Kamenetzky, Liran Talit, and Yehuda Talit (for Talit)
|Running time||24 minutes|
|Production company(s)||Talit Communications
Victory Media Group
EM.TV & Merchandising AG
|Original release||2001 – 2002|
Fairy Tale Police Department is an Australian animated series, produced by the company Yoram Gross-EM.TV in co-production with EM.TV & Merchandising AG, Victory Media Group, and Talit Communications. It aired on Seven Network at various times.
The series takes place in Fairy Tale Land, when a fairy tale messed up, the cops Johnny Legend Fantasy and Christine Anderson come to fix it.
- Christine Anderson - A smart, hard-working and patient lady cop and one of two main characters of the show. Christine is the most level-headed and intelligent of the two and takes her job seriously as a cop. She always wants to get the job done right and hates it when an interference or distraction occurs (mostly caused by Johnny's clumsiness and awkwardness). She is partners with Johnny, although she dislikes his behaviour she does see him as good cop and friend. She often wears and dark blue jacket with purple pants and has dark orange hair. Her name was slightly similar to Hans Christian Andersen, a Danish author who wrote fairy tales.
- Johnny Legend Fantasy - Christine's childish, cowardly and clumsy partner who is easily distracted from work; he prefers to style his hair with a comb that he always carries around in his pocket than solve a crime. Johnny's clumsiness and inability to focus properly mostly gets the pair in trouble which is something that he is not often aware of. Although he acts cowardly, he can be serious at times but only in the most extreme of circumstances (or if he wants to).
- Wanda - A clumsy fairy who struggles with magic, which can be troublesome at times. Wanda is also somewhat careless and distracted like Johnny and takes a while to get her spells right. Wanda's magic words are usually "Wanda Winkle" and was one of the good fairy godmothers from the Sleeping Beauty story. Wanda is friends with Cinderella's fairy godmother, Agatha and is enemies with Nancy the bad fairy also from Sleeping Beauty.
- Chief Horace White - The grumpy, overbearing and no-nonsense chief of F.T.P.D Station. He is easily annoyed and Johnny's childish awkwardness and carelessness often puts him on the edge of the chief's temper.
- Claude - A scientist frog who is intelligent enough, but his ideas and inventions are sometimes useless and ridiculous.
- Pinocchio - A fairy tale character who works at F.T.P.D. Like the original Pinocchio, his nose grows longer if he tells a lie.
- Pinocchio: Puppet in Peril (Pinocchio)
- The Frog Prince Riddle (The Frog Prince)
- Black Day for Snow White (Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs)
- No Kiss for Sleeping Beauty (Sleeping Beauty)
- Little Pigs' House of Trouble (The Three Little Pigs)
- The Emperor's New Clues (The Emperor's New Clothes)
- Big Trouble for the Little Tailor (The Brave Little Tailor)
- The Good, The Bad, and the Ugly Duckling (The Ugly Duckling)
- The Beauty & The Beast Bungle (Beauty and the Beast)
- Rumpelstiltskin's Last Straw (Rumpelstiltskin)
- The Glass Slipper Caper (Cinderella)
- The Trials of The Tin Soldier (The Steadfast Tin Soldier)
- Musicians of Bremen Mystery (Town Musicians of Bremen)
- No Pea for A Princess (The Princess and the Pea)
- Who'll Help Hansel & Gretel (Hansel and Gretel)
- The Sorcerer's Apprentice Spells Trouble (The Sorcerer's Apprentice)
- The Hair-Raising Rapunzel Case (Rapunzel)
- The Big Beanstalk Break-In (Jack and the Beanstalk)
- The Pied Piper Puzzle (The Pied Piper)
- Trouble Afoot for Puss in Boots (Puss in Boots)
- Aladdin and the Lost Lamp (Aladdin)
- Wrong Way For Little Red Riding Hood (Little Red Riding Hood)
- Ali Baba and The Faulty Thieves (Ali Baba and the Forty Thieves)
- The Curious Kidnapping of Thumbelina (Thumbelina)
- The Fishy Tale of The Little Mermaid (The Little Mermaid)
- A Fairy Tale Ending