First National Bank of Tanzania
|Products||Loans, Transaction accounts, Savings, Investments, Debit Cards|
|Owner||First Rand Group|
Number of employees
|Richard Hudson (Chief Executive Officer)|
First National Bank Tanzania (FNBT), is a commercial bank in Tanzania. It is one of the commercial banks licensed by the Bank of Tanzania, the national banking regulator. It is a subsidiary of South Africa-based First Rand Group.
FNBT is a small commercial bank in Tanzania.
The bank commenced operations in Tanzania, in July 2011, following the issuance of a commercial banking licence by Bank of Tanzania, the country's central bank and national banking regulator. Its headquarters and main branch are located in Dar es Salaam, the national capital and largest city in the country.
As of May 2012[update], FNBT stock is 100% owned by the First Rand Group, a large financial services provider, based in South Africa, with subsidiaries in about 10 sub-Saharan countries, as well as in Australia and India. The stock of the group is listed on the Johannesburg Securities Exchange (JSE), where it trades under the symbol: FSR.
- Main Branch - Dar es Salaam (Operational)
- Second Dar es Salaam Branch - Dar es Salaam (Operational)
- Third Dar es Salaam Branch - Dar es Salaam (Operational)
- Fourth Dar es Salaam Branch - Dar es Salaam (Operational)
- Arusha Branch - Arusha (Operational)
- Mwanza Banch - Mwanza (Operational)
- Mbeya Branch - Mbeya (Coming soon)
- Dodoma Branch - Dodoma (Coming soon)
- Kijangwani Branch - Zanzibar