Force India VJM05
|Predecessor||Force India VJM04|
|Successor||Force India VJM06|
|Chassis||Carbon fibre composite monocoque with Zylon legality side anti-intrusion panels.|
|Suspension (front)||Aluminium uprights with carbon fibre composite wishbones, trackrod and pushrod. Inboard chassis mounted torsion springs, dampers and anti-roll bar assembly.|
|Suspension (rear)||Aluminium uprights with carbon fibre composite wishbones, trackrod and pullrod. Inboard gearbox mounted torsion springs, dampers and anti-roll bar assembly.|
|Engine||Mercedes-Benz FO 108Z 2.4 L (146 cu in) V8 (90°). Naturally aspirated, 18,000 RPM limited with KERS, mid-mounted|
|Transmission||McLaren gearbox Seven-speed plus one reverse gear hand-operated, seamless shift|
|Weight||640 kg (1,411 lb) (including driver)|
|Tyres||Pirelli P Zero (dry), Cinturato (wet)
BBS Wheels (front and rear): 13"
|Notable entrants||Sahara Force India F1 Team|
|Notable drivers||11. Paul di Resta
12. Nico Hülkenberg
|Debut||2012 Australian Grand Prix|
The Force India VJM05 is a Formula One racing car designed by Sahara Force India F1 Team for use in the 2012 Formula One season. The car was launched on 3 February at Silverstone. It was driven by Paul di Resta, and Nico Hülkenberg who returned to the sport after spending one year as Force India's test and reserve driver.
Complete Formula One results
(key) (results in bold indicate pole position; results in italics indicate fastest lap)
|2012||Force India||Mercedes-Benz FO 108Z||P||AUS||MAL||CHN||BHR||ESP||MON||CAN||EUR||GBR||GER||HUN||BEL||ITA||SIN||JPN||KOR||IND||ABU||USA||BRA||109||7th|
|Paul di Resta||10||7||12||6||14||7||11||7||Ret||11||12||10||8||4||12||12||12||9||15||19†|
† Driver failed to finish the race, but was classified as they had completed greater than 90% of the race distance.
- FIA Formula 1 Technical Regulations
- Noble, Jonathan (25 January 2012). "Pirelli tweaks tyre markings for 2012 F1 season". Autosport.com. Haymarket Publications. Retrieved 3 February 2012.
- "Force India". Formula1.com. 14 December 2011. Retrieved 3 February 2012.
- Paul Weaver (3 February 2012). "Paul Di Resta ushers in 2012 F1 season with Force India drive". The Guardian. Guardian News and Media. Retrieved 3 February 2012.
- "Hulkenberg joins Di Resta in Force India's 2012 line-up". Formula1.com. Formula One Administration. 16 December 2011. Retrieved 16 December 2011.