Force India VJM07
|Predecessor||Force India VJM06|
|Successor||Force India VJM08|
|Chassis||Carbon fibre composite monocoque with Zylon legality side anti-intrusion panels.|
|Suspension (front)||Aluminium uprights with carbon fibre composite wishbones, trackrod and pushrod. Inboard chassis mounted torsion springs, dampers and anti-roll bar assembly.|
|Suspension (rear)||Aluminium uprights with carbon fibre composite wishbones, trackrod and pullrod. Inboard gearbox mounted torsion springs, dampers and anti-roll bar assembly.|
|Engine||Mercedes PU106A Hybrid Turbo 1.6 L (98 cu in) V6 (90°), 15,000 RPM limited , in a mid-mounted, rear-wheel drive layout|
Mercedes PU106A Hybrid Motor Generator Unit–Kinetic (MGU-K) |
Mercedes PU106A Hybrid Motor Generator Unit–Heat (MGU-H)
|Transmission||Semi-automatic Sequential Gearbox Eight Speed Forward + One reverse|
|Weight||691 kg (1,523 lb) (with driver)|
|Tyres||Pirelli P Zero (dry), Cinturato (wet)|
|Notable entrants||Sahara Force India F1 Team|
11. Sergio Pérez|
27. Nico Hülkenberg
|Debut||2014 Australian Grand Prix|
The Force India VJM07 is a Formula One racing car designed by Force India to compete in the 2014 Formula One season. It was driven by Nico Hülkenberg, who returned to the team after racing for Sauber in 2013, and Sergio Pérez, who joined the team after leaving McLaren. The VJM07 was designed to use Mercedes' new 1.6-litre V6 turbocharged engine, the PU106A Hybrid as well as Petronas fuels.
A rendered image of the VJM07 was released on Twitter on 23 January, making it the first 2014 Formula One design to be revealed to public.
At the Bahrain Grand Prix, the car scored the team's greatest points haul from a single race as Pérez finished third (Force India's first podium in over four years) and Hülkenberg finished fifth. The team ultimately finished the season sixth in the Constructors' Championship.
The car performed very well in the early races with the team consistently scoring well. The team nearly got a podium in the 2014 Canadian Grand Prix but driver Sergio Pérez was involved in a huge crash with Williams' Felipe Massa 2 laps from the end. Due to the financial limitations of the team, the car could not be developed like the leading teams' cars and the pace dropped off towards the end of the season.
After Force India failed to get their new car, the Force India VJM08 ready in time for pre-season testing at the beginning of 2015, the VJM07 was used at the second test in Barcelona, although in the 2015 livery. This allowed the team to gain data on the new tyre compounds and degradation.
Complete Formula One results
(key) (results in italics indicate fastest lap)
|2014||Sahara Force India F1 Team||Mercedes PU106A Hybrid||P||Sergio Pérez||10||DNS||3||9||9||Ret||11†||6||11||10||Ret||8||7||7||10||10||Ret||15||7||155||6th|
† — Driver failed to finish the race, but was classified as they had completed greater than 90% of the race distance.
‡ — Teams and drivers scored double points at the Abu Dhabi Grand Prix
- "Sahara Force India VJM07 - F1technical.net".
- "Mercedes names 2014 F1 V6 Engine 'PU106A Hybrid'". This Is F1. Retrieved 23 January 2014.
- "Perez joins Hulkenberg at Force India for 2014 F1 season". Autosport.com. Haymarket Publications. 12 December 2013. Retrieved 12 December 2013.
- "Nico Hülkenberg returns to Sahara Force India with multi-year deal". Sahara Force India F1 Team. Sahara Force India F1 Team. 3 December 2013. Archived from the original on 8 January 2014. Retrieved 3 December 2013.
- Noble, Jonathan (7 January 2014). "McLaren reveals new F1 car launch date". Autosport. Jonathan Noble. Retrieved 7 January 2014.
- Noble, Jonathan (16 May 2013). "McLaren believes switch to Honda engines will not compromise 2014". Autosport.com. Haymarket Publications. Retrieved 17 May 2013.
McLaren believes its world championship challenge with Mercedes next year will not be compromised by its planned switch to Honda engines for 2015.
- Straw, Edd (22 January 2014). "Force India reveals first image of new VJM07 2014 F1 car". Autosport.com. Haymarket Publications. Retrieved 23 January 2014.
- Esler, William (13 February 2015). "Force India will use their 2014 car at the first Barcelona test next week". Sky Sports. Retrieved 16 July 2015.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Force India VJM07.|