This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Slogan||Vous allez la do ré !|
Former call signs
|Chaîne Haute-Fidélité (1954–1958)|
France IV Haute Fidélité (1958–1963)
France Musique (1963–1999)
France Musiques (1999–2005)
France Musique is a French national public radio channel owned and operated by Radio France. It is devoted to the broadcasting of music, both live and recorded, with particular emphasis on classical music and jazz.
The channel was launched by Radiodiffusion-Télévision Française (RTF) in 1954 as La Chaîne Haute-Fidélité, then renamed in 1958 as France IV Haute Fidélité, as RTF Haute Fidélité in 1963, and finally as France Musique later in the same year. It was known between 1999 and 2005 as France Musiques. The conductor André Jouve was coordinator of programming and music services at France Musique during the 1980s.
The channel's schedules feature the transmission of many live and "as live" concerts (that is to say, those recorded live for broadcast at a later date), including the majority of the concerts given by the Orchestre National de France. Many of the concerts organized by France Musique are also broadcast in Canada by CBC Radio 2 as well as being relayed by other European classical music radio channels, such as BBC Radio 3 in the United Kingdom, and filmed for Arte television.
Live programmes begin at 7am each morning with Musique Matin.
Jazz is an important part of the output with two programmes each weekday evening: Open Jazz and Banzzaï.
Weekend shows include a request show, France Musique est à vous, specialist programmes on guitars, cinema and musicals (42e Rue).
France Musique also has a number of genre-specific internet radio streams.
- 1975 : "La première radio en couleurs" (The first radio in colours)
- 1989 : "La musique un ton au-dessus" (Music one tone above)
- 1992 : "Jamais la musique ne vous aura touché d'aussi près" (Music will never have touched you so closely)
- 1995 : "Bienvenue chez les fous de Musique" (Welcome to the home of those who are mad about music)
- 2008 : "Le plaisir" (The pleasure)
- April 2008 : "Prolonger l'émotion" (Extending the emotion)
- 2012 : "Il y a une part de classique en chacun de nous" (There is a bit of classical in each of us)
- 2013 : "Ce monde a besoin de musique" (This world needs music)
- 2014 : "Classique mais pas que..." (Classic but not just...)
- 2017– : "Vous allez LA DO RÉ !" (you will goes to adore her).
- Mort d'André Jouve, figure musicale de Radio France Obituary for André Jouve on France Musique website, accessed 18 December 2019.
- Official website (in English)
- Official website (in French)
- France Musique transmitters map (in French)