List of Strike Witches characters
|This article needs additional citations for verification. (August 2008) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
The Strike Witches mixed-media project features an extensive cast of characters created by Humikane Shimada. The series takes place in an alternate Earth in the mid-20th century and revolves around a group of teenage girls who use machines equipped to their legs known as Striker Units to do aerial combat. The characters are named after real-life pilots whilst their Striker Units are based on actual aircraft.
The main character of the manga and anime series is Yoshika Miyafuji, and the main character of the light novel series is Tomoko Anabuki, both of whom are witches from the Fuso Empire. In the anime and manga series, Yoshika joins the 501st Joint Fighter Wing, an international military squadron which also includes Minna-Dietlinde Wilcke, Mio Sakamoto, Charlotte E. "Shirley" Yeager, Lynette Bishop, Perrine H. Clostermann, Erica Hartmann, Gertrud Barkhorn, Francesca Lucchini, Eila Ilmatar Juutilainen, and Sanya V. Litvyak. In the light novel series, Tomoko joins the Suomus Independent Volunteer Aerial Squadron, another international squadron which also includes Haruka Sakomizu, Elizabeth F. Beurling, Katharine O'Hare, Ursula Hartmann, Elma Leivonen and Giuseppina Cenni. Together, the squadrons fight against the Neuroi, an alien race that threatens the universe.
501st Joint Fighter Wing
The protagonists of the anime are part of the 501st Joint Fighter Wing (第501統合戦闘航空団 Daigōmaruichi Tōgō Sentō Kōkū Dan?), a multinational team of 11 soldiers commanded by Minna-Dietlinde Wilcke, also known as the Strike Witches.
- Yoshika Miyafuji (宮藤 芳佳 Miyafuji Yoshika?)
- Voiced by: Misato Fukuen (Japanese); Cherami Leigh (English)
- Yoshika is the 14-year-old, later 15-year-old, protagonist of Strike Witches, hailing from the Fusō Empire. She comes from a family of clinicians who use their magic powers to heal people. Due to her drive to help people in need, Yoshika's power grants her the ability to heal most injuries at a rate faster and more effective than most witches. Consequently, she also serves as the unofficial squadron medic. Yoshika's power allows her to erect a magic shield bigger and more powerful than most witches as well. Yoshika is able to concentrate her power into a smaller but more powerful shield and use it as a battering ram of sorts. Yoshika gains the features of a mame-shiba when using said power.
- Before the events of the series, her father Ichirō designs the Striker Units the Strike Witches use to fight. However, because of her father's death in the war, she is vehemently against fighting when Mio Sakamoto appears to recruit her. After helping to defend the Fusō fleet heading to Britannia from a Neuroi attack, however, she decides to join the 501st, entering with the rank of Sergeant. Yoshika has a talent for cooking but tends to care more about her food's health benefits than its taste. Yoshika carries a type 99 aircraft cannon along with a M712 in battle. Her Striker Unit is modeled after the Mitsubishi A6M Zero, later a Kyushu J7W "Shinden". Eventually, Yoshika loses her magical powers after stopping the Neuroi threat in Romagna, where she is promoted to the rank of Ensign. However, in Strike Witches: The Movie, she manages to regain her powers and reunite with her teammates. In the Maidens of the Heavens manga, she has a small gray dog as a familiar. In battle, she uses a Type 99 cannon and Mauser C6.
- Mio Sakamoto (坂本 美緒 Sakamoto Mio?)
- Voiced by: Saeko Chiba (2007-2010), Saori Seto (2010-present) (Japanese); Kira Vincent-Davis (English)
- Mio is the first Strike Witch and sub-commander of the unit, with the rank of Major. Mio is the oldest witch in the 501st at 19 years old and, as with Yoshika Miyafuji, comes from Fusō. She is a veteran of the early fighting against the Neuroi. Years before the events of the series, she befriended Yoshika's father Ichirō while he was designing the Striker Unit and became the first person to pilot one. Her usual task is to train new recruits. She gains the ears and tail of a Doberman when equipped with her Striker. Under Mio's eyepatch is a magic eye that grants her increased visual prowess and the ability to spot Neuroi cores when used. Being in her late teens, Mio's magical power has declined too far for her to erect effective shields in combat. However, she can still fly and use her magical eye. She carries a type 99 aircraft cannon into battle along with a magical katana strapped to her back capable of cutting apart giant Neuroi. In the second season, she builds herself an enhanced katana called the Reppumaru that can cut through Neuroi beams to compensate for the lack of shields. However, the sword drains a substantial amount of magic, shortening her lifespan as a Witch. Her Striker Unit is based on the Mitsubishi A6M Zero, later a Kawanishi N1K "Shiden-kai". Mio eventually loses her magical powers, ending her career as a witch. In Strike Witches: The Movie, she assists Yoshika while piloting a biplane.
- Mio's voice was done by Saeko Chiba in 2007 until 2010 and Saori Seto in 2010.
- Minna-Dietlinde Wilcke (ミーナ・ディートリンデ・ヴィルケ Mīna Dītorinde Viruke?)
- Voiced by: Rie Tanaka (Japanese); Anastasia Muñoz (English)
- Minna is the 18-year-old leader of the 501st Joint Fighter Wing from Karlsland with the rank of Commander. Her first priority is the safety of her subordinates. She often acts as the "good cop" to Mio Sakamoto's "bad cop" when it comes to discipline. She has a talent for singing, wanting to become a professional before she joins the war effort before the beginning of the series. After her lover is killed in battle, however, Minna gives up her dream and issues an order prohibiting the male workers on the base from having unauthorized contact with the witches. She is protective of Mio, usually intervening whenever she tries something reckless. Minna gains gray wolf features when equipped for combat. Her power grants her enhanced spatial awareness, allowing her to pinpoint the location and number of objects in a wide area of space. Her affiliation is the Karlsland JG 3 Luftwaffe. During combat she arms herself with an MG 42. Her Striker Unit model is the Messerschmitt Bf 109 G-2, later a Messershmitt Bf 109 K-4.
- Lynette Bishop (リネット・ビショップ Rinetto Bishoppu?)
- Voiced by: Kaori Nazuka (Japanese); Kate Bristol (English)
- Lynette, also called "Lynne", is the only Witch in the 501st who is native to the Britannian Commonwealth. As the middle child of eight siblings, Lynette develops very domestic and practical habits. Her Striker-equipped animal features are based on the Scottish Fold. After meeting Yoshika Miyafuji, the two eventually become best friends. Lynnette holds the rank of Master Sergeant and her affiliation is the Britannian Air Force 610th Fighter Squadron. Her armaments are a Mk. I Boys anti-tank rifle and a Bren light machine gun. She serves as the squadron's sharpshooter and possesses an ability to supercharge magic power into shots she fires. Her Striker Unit is based on the Supermarine Spitfire Mk IX, later a Supermarine Spitfire Mk 22. Lynette has an older sister, Wilma.
- Perrine H. Clostermann (ペリーヌ・クロステルマン Perīnu Kurosuteruman?)
- Voiced by: Miyuki Sawashiro (Japanese); Jad Saxton (English)
- Perrine is a 15-year-old heiress to an influential Gallian family who looks down on some of the less-refined habits of her peers. Years before the series, the Neuroi's conquest of her homeland devastates her and has caused her numerous problems.
- She often refuses to work as part of a team and develops a dislike for Yoshika Miyafuji due to her attachment to Mio Sakamoto. Over time, Perrine is able to warm up considerably to Yoshika. Perrine feels that she is responsible for the reconstruction and rehabilitation of Gallia after its liberation from the Neuroi and contributes her entire salary toward this end. When wearing her Striker Unit, she gains the dark ears and tail of a Chartreux. Perrine holds the rank of First Lieutenant and her original unit was the Forces Aériennes Galliaises Libres 602nd Flying Corps. She carries a rapier in artwork, which briefly appeared on episode 9 of the second season as an heirloom from her family. She uses a Bren light machine gun. She has a lightning based spell called Tonnerre which can strike down multiple targets. Her Striker Unit is based on the Arsenal VG-39.
- Erica Hartmann (エーリカ・ハルトマン Ērika Harutoman?)
- Voiced by: Sakura Nogawa (Japanese); Luci Christian (English)
- Erica is Karlsland's 16-year-old "ultra ace" of the Luftwaffe JG 52 with more than 200 confirmed victories and the rank of Captain. While extremely efficient and strategic in battle, Erica is very messy with her belongings and often neglects cleaning chores. She is very slack, has a nonchalant attitude for military discipline, and is only serious when the situation calls for it. Consequently, she is the frequent target of the strait-laced Barkhorn's disciplinary lectures; she normally ignores and tunes it out. Her special technique is an offensive barrel roll named Sturm which manipulates gusts of ether to attack enemies. In the movie, Hartmann has been seen combining her Sturm ability with Perrine's Tonnerre attack, creating an attack that more than double their effectiveness. With her Striker Unit equipped, Erica gains Dachshund features. Her armaments are the MG 42 and a MP 40. Her Striker Unit is based on the Messerschmitt Bf 109 G-6, later a Messerschmitt Bf 109 K-4.
- Gertrud Barkhorn (ゲルトルート・バルクホルン Gerutorūto Barukuhorun?)
- Voiced by: Mie Sonozaki (Japanese); Stephanie Sheh (English)
- Gertrud is an 18-year-old Witch originating from Karlsland with the rank of Captain formerly of the Luftwaffe JG 52. Quiet, efficient, and private, she tends to support her comrades from the shadows. Her calm attitude grants her battlefield stamina, allowing her to rack up an impressive shot-down tally. A long-time acquaintance of Minna-Dietlinde Wilcke and Erica Hartmann, she is often seen supporting the former in her leadership tasks and chastising the latter for her sloppiness. In Strike Witches 2, Barkhorn divides her room, which she shares with Hartmann, with a picket fence which she dubs her Siegfried Line to separate her side of the room from Hartmann's messy, unruly side. She has a younger sister named Christine Barkhorn who is injured during the Neuroi invasion of her country. Her magical power grants her the most physical strength of all the witches to the extent where she can lift a steel girder many times her size. In flight Gertrud gains the features of a German Wirehaired Pointer. For battle her armament consists of an MG 42, MG 131, or MG 151 which she dual wields. Her Striker Unit is based on the Focke-Wulf Fw 190 D-6 Prototype, later a Focke-Wulf Fw 190 D-9. She briefly flies a jet striker based on the Messerschmitt Me 262 armed with two twin-linked MK 108 30mm autocannon and a single BK 5 50mm anti-armor cannon. It is much faster and heavily armed but drains magic at a dangerous rate.
- Francesca Lucchini (フランチェスカ・ルッキーニ Furanchesuka Rukkīni?)
- Voiced by: Chiwa Saitō (Japanese); Trina Nishimura (English)
- Lucchini is the youngest soldier of the 501st at 12 years old, having joined the unit from the Duchy of Romagna. With a rank of Ensign, her unit affiliation was with Romagna's Sovrana Aeronautica Romagniana 4th Air Unit. Lucchini is often childish and self-indulgent. In battle she displays a talent and passion for flying. Displayed are the ears and tail of a black panther. During battles she carries a M1919 A6, Breda-SAFAT 12.7 mm machine gun, or Beretta Model 1938A. She has the power to concentrate energy into a point in front of her and release it in one powerful burst. Working with her best friend Charlotte Yeager, who throws her, she can use this ability to greatly damage an enemy. Her Striker Unit is based on the Fiat G.55 Centauro.
- Charlotte E. Yeager (シャーロット・E・イエーガー Shārotto Ī Iēgā?)
- Voiced by: Ami Koshimizu (Japanese); Jamie Marchi (English)
- Charlotte, also called "Shirley" (シャーリー Shārī?), is a 16-year-old Liberion pilot with the rank of Flight Lieutenant. Magnanimous, tall and buxom in appearance, Charlotte is a thrill-seeker who is fascinated by speed. She gains the ears and tail of a rabbit when equipped with her Striker. In combat her armament can consist of a M1918 Browning Automatic Rifle, Thompson M1 A1, or Colt Government M1911 A1; also depicted carrying a Bowie knife. The North American P-51D Mustang serves as the basis for her Striker Unit that she nicknames Merlin. Her magical ability allows her to enhance her Striker Unit's performance and increase her airspeed. Charlotte becomes the first person to break the sound barrier. Before joining the 501st, she establishes herself as a motorcycle racer who breaks the land speed record at the Bonneville Salt Flats using a modified Indian motorcycle.
- Eila Ilmatar Juutilainen (エイラ・イルマタル・ユーティライネン Eira Irumataru Yūtirainen?)
- Voiced by: Ayuru Ōhashi (Japanese); Caitlin Glass (English)
- Eila is the 15-year-old top-ranking ace of the Suomus Air Force 24th Unit with the rank of Ensign. Eila's hobby is fortune-telling with tarot cards. In battle, she has the magical power of seeing into the future, allowing her to evade incoming attacks with ease. She gains black fox features in flight. She is a lesbian who loves Sanya Litvyak with feelings just like that of "junior high boy hesitating to confess love to a girl whom he has a crush on", according to Fumikane Shimada, "but she has an advantage on sleeping in a bed with her lover as she is a girl." Her affection towards Sanya Litvyak too ardent to become cold to anyone who comes too close to her. In combat her weapons of choice are the MG42 and Suomi M1931 submachine gun. Eila's Striker Unit is based on the Messerschmitt Bf 109 G-2, later a Messerschmitt Bf 109 K-4. She has an older sister named Aurora E. Juutilainen.
- Sanya V. Litvyak (サーニャ・V・リトヴャク Sānya Bui Ritovyaku?, Russian: Саня В. Литвяк)
- Voiced by: Mai Kadowaki (Japanese); Jennifer Forrester (English)
- Sanya, whose real name is Alexandra Vladimirovna Litvyak (アレクサンドラ・ウラジミーロヴナ・リトヴャク Arekusandora Urajimīrovuna Ritovyaku?, Russian: Александра Владимировна Литвяк, Aleksandra Vladimirovna Litvyak), is the sole witch in the 501st out of the Orussian Empire at 13 years old. Preferring to stay indoors during the day, Sanya has been described as "nocturnal." Despite this somewhat limiting her contact with the other members of the 501st, her low profile makes her ideal for night missions. Helping her in this duty is her magical specialty, the ability to read signals such as radio waves that are invisible to the naked eye, giving her an advanced spatial awareness. Sanya gains the ears and tail of a black cat with her Striker Unit equipped. Sanya's rank is Lieutenant and her original unit affiliation is the Orussian Imperial Army 586th Fighter Regiment. Her weapon of choice is a modified Fliegerfaust called the "Fliegerhammer." Her Striker Unit design is based on the MiG-60 (a fictional warbird combining features of the Mikoyan-Gurevich MiG-1 and MiG-3, and Yakovlev Yak-1), later a MiG I-225 (a fictional warbird based mainly on the MiG-3).
Suomus Independent Volunteer Aerial Squadron
- Tomoko Anabuki (穴拭 智子 Anabuki Tomoko?)
- Tomoko is the protagonist of the light novel series. An ace dogfighter from the Fusō Empire, she rose to fame after the initial Neuroi probing attack in the Fusō sea in 1937, where she shot down 7 enemy fighters. She expected to get deployed to the frontlines in Karlsland but was ordered to Suomus instead.
- Haruka Sakomizu (迫水 ハルカ Sakomizu Haruka?)
- Also from the Fusō Empire, Haruka is stationed in a naval air flotilla. She is enamored with Tomoko Anabuki, but her low self-esteem causes her problems.
- Elizabeth F. Beurling (エリザベス・F・ビューリング Erizabesu Effu Byūringu?)
- Elizabeth is an insubordinate member of the Britannian Air Force. Considered to be a loose cannon, Elizabeth was to be executed for her constant insubordination and nature by the Britannian military brass. She is considered to have a gloomy personality with a slightly suicidal streak and often has a bit of a depressed side to her but shows supports for Tomoko Anabuki on her decisions in spite of her insubordinate personality. She has a close relationship with Hannah Rudel and Wilma Bishop who were drinking buddies. Elizabeth wields a Kukri in battle.
- Katharine O'Hare (キャサリン・オヘア Kyasarin Ohea?)
- Hailing from Texas in the United States of Liberion, Katherine was transferred after the Liberion Navy thought she could use some experience over at Sumous. Despite her inexperience she helps to do her best to keep her team in high spirits. Her inability to grasp other cultures may occasionally negate her efforts to befriend others.
- Ursula Hartmann (ウルスラ・ハルトマン Urusura Harutoman?)
- Voiced by: Sakura Nogawa (Japanese); Luci Christian (English)
- Hailing from Karlsland, Ursula is the twin sister of the 501st's Erica Hartmann. The youngest in the squadron at 10 years of age, all she does is read and tries to learn everything according to Karlsland doctrines. She eventually uses her research into rocketry to design the Fliegerhammer prototype that Sanya will use. She also appears in episode 4 of the second anime season.
- Elma Leivonen (エルマ・レイヴォネン Eruma Reivonen?)
- A native of Suomus, Elma is nervous and inexperienced. Initially assigned as the squadron commander of the Suomus Independent Volunteer Air Squadron, she lacks initiative and often defers to Tomoko.
- Giuseppina Cenni (ジュゼッピーナ・チュインニ Juzeppīna Chuinni?)
- Giuseppina is a member from the Principality of Romagna. A former top ace known as the "Non-commissioned General," she lost her memories and skills after being shot down over Neuroi territory. She has an infatuation with Tomoko.
502nd Joint Fighter Wing
The 502nd Joint Fighter Wing (第502統合戦闘航空団 Daigōmaruni Tōgō Sentō Kōkū Dan?), also known as the Brave Witches, who star in the Brave Witches anime series.
- Hikari Karibuchi (雁淵 ひかり Karibuchi Hikari?)
- Voiced by: Ai Kakuma (Japanese); Madeleine Morris (English)
- Hikari is the main protagonist of Brave Witches who comes from Sasebo in Fusou and strongly admires her sister, Takami. After Takami ends up in a coma after using up all of her magical energy, Hikari joins the 502nd Joint Fighter Wing to fight in her place with the rank of Lieutenant, using her Striker Unit nicknamed Chidori.
- Gundula Rall (グンドュラ・ラル Gundura Raru?)
- Voiced by: Rina Satou (Japanese); Rachel Robinson (English)
- Gundula is the squadron leader of the Brave Witches, known as Karlsland's (and the world's) 3rd highest ranked ace with the rank of Captain.
- Alexsandra Ivanovna Pokryshkin (アレクサンドラ・イワーノヴナ・ポクルイーシキン Arekusandora Iwānovuna Pokuruīshikin?)
- Voiced by: Yumi Hara (Japanese); Monica Rial (English)
- Alexsandra, nicknamed "Sasha", is the tactician of the Brave Witches and Orussia's top ranked ace with the rank of Captain.
- Waltrud Krupinski (ヴァルトルート・クルピンスキー Varutorūto Kurupinsukī?)
- Voiced by: Kayo Ishida (Japanese); Felecia Angelle (English)
- An easygoing veteran ace from Karlsland with the rank of Lieutenant, Waltrud is a hard-drinking womanizer with an optimist personality.
- Edytha Rossmann (エディータ・ロスマン Edīta Rosuman?)
- Voiced by: Hiromi Igarashi (Japanese); Jill Harris (English)
- Master sergeant Edytha is a veteran trainer with the rank of Master Sergeant who raised several talented witches, earning the nickname "Teacher". She was assigned to train Hikari after the former earned another chance to prove her worth.
- Nikka Edvardine Katajainen (ニッカ・エドワーディン・カタヤイネン Nikka Edowādin Katayainen?)
- Voiced by: Natsumi Takamori (Japanese); Krystal LaPorte (English)
- Nikka, or "Nipa", is a Suomus pilot with the rank of Master Sergeant who appears to be friends with fellow pilot Eila. She has a habit of suffering misfortunes such as having crash landings and destroying her Striker Units.
- Georgette Lemare (ジョーゼット・ルマール Jōzetto Rumāru?)
- Voiced by: Haruka Terui (Japanese); Natalie Hoover (English)
- Georgette is a Gallian witch with the rank of Sergeant capable of performing healing magic, as with Yoshika from the 501st.
- Naoe Kanno (管野 直枝 Kanno Naoe?)
- Voiced by: Rie Murakawa (Japanese); Mikaela Krantz (English)
- Naoe is a witch from Fuso with the rank of Ensign capable of infusing magic on her right hand powerful enough to break through a Neuroi core and destroy it. She is an old friend of Takami, but upon learning that she got uncunscious and Hikari was sent in her place, she becomes jealous of her. However, Hikari passes a difficult test as part of her training, earning Naoe's respect.
- Sadako Shimohara (下原 定子 Shimohara Sadako?)
- Voiced by: Marin Mizutani (Japanese); Dawn M. Bennett (English)
- Sadako is a pilot from Fuso with the rank of Master Sergeant. She has little experience in combat, but is the most skilled with the house chores, this is the team's cook.
- Aurora E. Juutilainen (アウロラ・E・ユーティライネン Aurora Ī Yūtirainen?)
- Aurora is a veteran pilot from Suomus and Eila Ilmatar Juutilainen's older sister.
- Takami Karibuchi (雁淵 孝美 Karibuchi Takami?)
- Voiced by: Rie Suegara (Japanese); Amber Lee Connors (English)
- Tamaki is Hikari's older sister who is also a member of the Third Squadron with the rank of Flight Lieutenant. She possesses a powerful technique called Absolute Eye which allows her to lock-on to multiple targets at once. However, as a result of using this technique against a group of Neuroi, Tamaki exhausts almost all of her magical energy and ends up in a coma.
506th Joint Fighter Wing
The 506nd Joint Fighter Wing (第506統合戦闘航空団 Daigōmaruroku Tōgō Sentō Kōkū Dan?), also known as the Noble Witches, who appear in the Strike Witches Movie.
- Heinrike Prinzessin zu Sayn-Wittgenstein (ハインリーケ・プリンツェシン・ツー・ザイン・ウィトゲンシュタイン?)
- Voiced by: Ayako Kawasumi (Japanese); Rachel Robinson (English)
- Rosalie De Hemricourt De Grunne (ロザリー・ド・エムリコート・ド・グリュンネ?)
- Voiced by: Iori Nomizu (Japanese); Alison Viktorin (English)
Maidens of the Blue Sky
These witches mainly appear in the first manga and the PlayStation 2 video game.
- Amaki Suwa (諏訪 天姫 Suwa Amaki?)
- Voiced by: Kana Hanazawa (Japanese); Tia Ballard (English)
- Amaki is a witch from the Fusō Empire who appears in episode 12 of the anime's first season. She gives Yoshika a letter from her father Dr. Ichirō Miyafuji.
- Nishiki Nakajima (中島 錦 Nakajima Nishiki?)
- Voiced by: Yuuko Sanpei (Japanese); Clarine Harp (English)
- Nishiki is a witch from the Fuso Empire who is experienced and overly serious. Based on Ki-43. She appears in the manga and the last episode of Strike Witches 2.
Maidens of the Heavens
These characters appear in the second manga.
- Junko Takei (竹井醇子 Takei Junko?)
- Voiced by: Masumi Asano (Japanese); Kara Edwards (English)
- The leader of the 504th Joint Fighter Wing, the Ardor Witches. She also makes a few appearances in Strike Witches 2.
- Goshiki Suwa (諏訪五色 Suwa Goshiki?)
- The sister of Amaki Suwa.
- Kanesada Kuji (九字兼定 Kuji Kanesada?)
- A dog familiar who has resided inside a katana for a long time but is released when Yoshika goes near it. Whilst invisible to most people, certain witches such as Yoshika and Junko are able to see him.
Sky That Connects Us
These characters are from other squadrons who appear in the Strike Witches 1.5 manga.
- Hanna-Justina Marseille (ハンナ・ユスティーナ・マルセイユ Hanna Yusutīna Maruseiyu?)
- Voiced by: Shizuka Itō (Japanese); Colleen Clinkenbeard (English)
- Marseille is the captain of the 31st Joint Fighter Wing known as the Storm Witches, stationed in Africa. She appears in the Strike Witches 1.5 manga and episode 10 of anime's second season. She is one of the more famous witches known throughout the world. She is initially in a Karlsland squad alongside Gertrud Barkhorn and Erica Hartmann. She has a competitive attitude and tries to motivate Erica, who she views as her equal
- Wilma Bishop (ウィルマ・ビショップ Wiruma Bishoppu?)
- Wilma is Lynette Bishop's older sister, who is a witch in the Farawayland Air Force. She appears as a main protagonist in the One Winged Witches manga.
- Amelie Planchard (アメリー・プランシャール Amerī Puranshāru?)
- Voiced by: Sayuri Yahagi (Japanese); Sarah Wiedenheft (English)
- Amilie is a friend of Perrine Clostermann's from the Gallian Witches Army.
- Helma Lennartz (ヘルマ・レンナルツ Heruma Rennarutsu?)
- Helma is a test pilot for the 131st Experimental Flight Regiment.
- Heidemarie W. Schnaufer (ハイデマリー・W・シュナウファー Haidemarī Daburyū Shunaufā?)
- Voiced by: Kana Ueda (Japanese); Bryn Apprill (English)
- Heidemarie is a lieutenant from the Karlsland Air Force 1st Night Fighter Wing. She has night vision powers, which she can use for nightly recoinassence missions as with Sanya Litvyak. She defends an area alone and thus lacks social skills, sometimes being mistaken for a ghost. In the movie, Heidemarie assists the 501st upon their reunion.
The Neuroi are an alien force that are the primary antagonists of Strike Witches. In order to gain Earth's power, they consume some of it's continents where Europe and Africa are badly affected by their goals.
Each of the Neuroi come in different types:
- Neuroi Drones - Small drones that are launched in order to defend the larger Neuroi.
- Large-Type Neuroi - The standard flying class of the Neuroi and the most common of the group.
- Capital Neuroi - They are deployed for specific purposes.
- Heavy Neuroi - The ground-based counterparts of the Large-Type Neuroi.
- Ultra-Heavy Neuroi - The larger versions of the Heavy Neuroi which are the most difficult to destroy.
- Witch-Like Neuroi - The type of Neuroi that take the form of the Strike Witches and can mimic their abilities.
- Small and Medium-Type Neuroi - The type of Neuroi that are launched in large numbers to protect the Hive Neuroi.
- Hive Neuroi - The Hive Neuroi serve as the primary operating base of the Neuroi.
- Super-Hive Neuroi - A unique version of the Hive Neuroi that was in the airspace of Romagnan and Venezian in 1945.
- Nest Neuroi - The ground version of the Hive Neuroi.
- Michiko Yamakawa (山川 美千子 Yamakawa Michiko?)
- Voiced by: Arise Satō (Japanese); Katie Caruso (English)
- Michiko is Yoshika Miyafuji's childhood friend who resides in Fusō.
- Christiane Barkhorn (クリスティアーネ・バルクホルン Kurisutiāne Barukuhorun?)
- Voiced by: Asami Sanada (Japanese); Monica Rial (English)
- Christiane, or Chris (クリス Kurisu?), is Gertrud Barkhorn's younger sister who is in a coma for most of the anime's first season.
- Ichirō Miyafuji (宮藤 一郎 Miyafuji Ichirō?)
- Voiced by: Hozumi Gōda (Japanese); John Burgmeier (English)
- Ichirō is the father of Yoshika Miyafuji and a researcher who helps design the striker unit. He works alongside Mio before the beginning of the series. He is reportedly deceased, which surprises Yoshika when she starts receiving letters apparently from him.
- Trevor Maloney (トレヴァー・マロニー Torevā Maronī?)
- Voiced by: Yōsuke Akimoto (Japanese); Cole Brown (English)
- Maloney is a general with authority over the Strike Witches. His true purpose is to find a way to order the dissolution of the witches and to implement his new weapon, the Warlock, which has been made using Neuroi technology. Maloney's plan fails when the Neuroi assimilates the Warlock, and he is captured by Minna-Dietlinde Wilcke and the other witches.
- Maria (マリア Maria?)
- Voiced by: Madoka Yonezawa (Japanese); Brittney Karbowski (English)
- Maria is a mysterious, cheerful girl who Francesca Lucchini saves from two sinister-looking men who appear to attack her in the streets of Rome. She states that she does not know the city very well, even though she says to have been born and raised there. Lucchini takes a liking to her and show her around. Maria is later revealed to be the Duchess Maria of Romagna.
- Shizuka Hattori (服部 静夏 Hattori Shizuka?)
- Voiced by: Aya Uchida (Japanese); Cristina Valenzuela (English)
- Shizuka is a 14-year-old witch from Fuso with the rank of Sergeant. In Strike Witches: The Movie, she is tasked with escorting Yoshika Miyafuji to a medical school in Helvetia. Having grown up in a military-oriented family, she admires other witches yet becomes bewildered by Yoshika, who does not act like her ideal soldier. Shizuka eventually realizes a bit more about Yoshika's mentality, and when Yoshika is critically wounded during a Neuroi attack, she is able to reach the rest of the 501st, who help her regain her magic abilities.
- Luciana Mazzei (ルチアナ・マッツェイ Ruchiana Mazzei?)
- Voiced by: Ryō Hirohashi (Japanese); Jasmine Mendigo (English)
- Luciana is a Romagna witch who is quiet, reserved and gentle in nature. She is athletic and a good marksman. She is a member of the 504th Joint Fighter Wing and appeared in episode 12 of Strike Witches 2 and the Strike Witches movie.
- Martina Crespi (マルチナ・クレスピ Maruchina Kuresupi?)
- Voiced by: Kaori Mizuhashi (Japanese); Alexis Tipton (English)
- Martina is a member of the 504th Joint Fighter Wing and hails from a wealthy family from Southern Romagna. She is bright and sociable. She appeared in episode 12 of Strike Witches 2 and the Strike Witches movie.
- Fernandia Malvezzi (フェルナンディア・マルヴェッツィ Ferunandia maruvu~ettsu~i?)
- Voiced by: Rika Morinaga (Japanese); Maxey Whitehead (English)
- Fernandia is a Romagna witch originally assigned to the medical corp but has a strong desire to for combat. She is best friends with Martina and Luciana. Fernandia is head-strong, impulsive, and friendly. She appeared in episode 12 of Strike Witches 2 and the Strike Witches movie.
- Raisa Pöttgen (ライーサ・ペットゲン Raīsa· pettogen?)
- Voiced by: Aiko Kusumi (Japanese); Amanda Doskocil (English)
- Raisa, also known by her nickname Rai, is a Karlsland witch attached to the Storm Witches. She is artistic and designed the outfit emblem. Rai is from a well-to-do family. She is paired with Hanna Marseille who she has strong feelings toward. She has a brief appearance at the end of Strike Witches 2.
- "Funimation Confirms Strike Witches Cast, FMA Street Date". December 27, 2009. Retrieved February 24, 2013.
- "Funimation Announces English Dub Casts for Clockwork Planet, Brave Witches Anime". Anime News Network. May 6, 2017. Retrieved May 6, 2017.