This article needs additional citations for verification. (May 2017) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Rogowski at Berlinale 2018
|Occupation||Film and stage actor, dancer|
|Victoria, Happy End, Transit|
Life and career
Franz Rogowski was born in 1986 in Freiburg im Breisgau, West Germany. The actor is known for the internationally successful film Victoria (2015). The German thriller is one of the few feature films shot in a single continuous take and won amongst other things the Silver Bear for Outstanding Artistic Contribution for Cinematography as well as the German Film Award in six categories. Since 2015 Rogowski is a member of the Munich Kammerspiele. In 2017, he appeared in the French film Happy End directed by Michael Haneke.
Rogowski became internationally known for his performance in Transit. The German film earned him a nomination for the Florida Film Critics Circle Award. Transit ended up on Barack Obamas list of his favorite films of 2019.
- 2011: Frontalwatte
- 2013: Love Steaks
- 2014: Polizeiruf 110: Hexenjagd (TV film)
- 2015: Victoria
- 2015: Besuch für Emma (TV film)
- 2017: Figaros Wölfe
- 2017: Fikkefuchs
- 2017: Tiger Girl
- 2017: Happy End
- 2018: Transit
- 2018: Lux – Krieger des Lichts
- 2018: In the Aisles
- 2019: I Was at Home, But
- 2019: A Hidden Life
- 2020: Undine
- 2020: Black Milk
- 2013: Förderpreis Neues Deutsches Kino (Advancement Award New German Cinema) for Love Steaks
- 2018: Shooting Stars Award at the Berlin Film Festival
- 2018: German Film Award for Best Actor in In the Aisles
- Julia Senkbeil: Franz Rogowski Biography at the Internet Movie Database
- "In Competition – Feature Films: Happy End". Cannes Film Festival. Retrieved 28 February 2019.
- Ryan Lattanzio (29 December 2019). "Barack Obama Loves 'Fleabag' Just as Much as You Do: See His Favorite Films and TV of 2019". Indiewire. Retrieved 10 February 2020.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Franz Rogowski.|