|Headquarters||London, United Kingdom|
|Charalambos Psimolophitis (CEO)
Denis Sukhotin (Chairman)
|Services||Online Forex trading, precious metals trading, CFDs, futures, shares trading|
Number of employees
FxPro is a London-based European online broker providing contracts for difference (CFD) on foreign exchange, shares, futures and precious metals primarily to retail clients. FxPro has operations in London and Cyprus and is regulated by a number of regulatory authorities.
FxPro was founded as EuroOrient Securities & Financial Services Ltd in 2006 in Cyprus by Denis Sukhotin. FxPro began its expansion with the opening of representative offices in Austria, France, Spain and Russia. In 2010, FxPro was granted regulation and licensing by the UK's Financial Conduct Authority (Financial Services Authority at that time) and opened its London office.
In 2010 the Broker was voted Forex Provider of the Year' at the Financial Times Investors Chronicle Investment Awards 2010 (FT/IC Investment Awards). The awards are voted by readers of the FT and IC in a series of questionnaires in which they submit their views of the providers they use. The Brokers are scored on a range of issues including ease of contact, commissions and charges, administration, financial security, the quality of their research and the range of services offered. The scores are collated by an independent research house and are used to identify the winners in each category.
In 2011, the company opened an office in Australia, however it shut this down in March 2013 and moved those clients to its Cyprus and UK operations after new capital regulations came into force in Australia.
The company provides traders a choice between the MetaTrader 4 and cTrader trading platforms. Clients using the MT4 platform from MetaQuotes Software also have the option of a web-based alternative, and several mobile trading versions. The company's cTrader platform Spotware, provides ECN traders with greater price depth and Volume-weighted average price (VWAP). cTrader is compatible with cAlgo, an algorithmic trading platform that allows clients to create trading robots and run them in cTrader so as to fully automate the trading process.
Since 2013, the company has been engaged in making algorithmic trading accessible to the retail sector. It launched Quant, a web-based strategy-building solution for the MT4 platform that allows users to create their own trading robots (called expert advisors) using a drag and drop interface, or to download them from the company's EA library. Quant, unlike cAlgo which requires knowledge of C#, enables users to create automated strategies using technical indicators and logical operators without any prior coding knowledge.
In October 2013, FxPro launched its proprietary investment platform FxPro SuperTrader, which gives retail or institutional investors the ability to allocate funds to a number of strictly vetted and performance rated FX trading strategies.
In March 2015, the company announced support of MetaTrader 5 platform.
FxPro UK Limited, a wholly owned subsidiary of FxPro Group Ltd, is licensed and fully regulated in the United Kingdom by the Financial Conduct Authority. FxPro UK Limited formerly acted as an introducer to its parent company and did not provide any brokerage services or hold client funds until June 2012, when the company upgraded its FCA license so it could accept UK clients.
FxPro Financial Services Limited is licensed and regulated by the Cyprus Securities and Exchange Commission (CySEC). In 2007, the EU’s Markets in Financial Instruments Directive (MiFID) came into effect. This allows firms that are regulated in Cyprus to provide investment services anywhere within the European Union.
FxPro has used sponsorship of sporting events as a key way to promote itself, these sponsorships have included:
- BMW Sauber F1 - Ahead of the 2009 Formula 1 season, it was announced that FxPro would be an official sponsor of the BMW Sauber F1 team. FxPro's logo appeared on the front wing and side mirrors of the car, as well as on the drivers' overalls, helmets and pit lane equipment.
- Virgin Racing - In December 2009 FxPro announced that it would be one of the sponsors of Sir Richard Branson’s new F1 racing team, Virgin Racing.
- FIA World Championship Rally, Cyprus - FxPro is the first main Sponsor of the WRC Cyprus Rally, which rejoined the WRC calendar in 2009, and forms part of the 12 round championship.
- IRC 2010 Cyprus Rally - FxPro was title sponsor of the IRC's 2010 Cyprus Rally, a mixed surface rally which took place in the countryside around Limassol, Cyprus.
- Fulham Football Club - In June 2010 Fulham F.C. announced a shirt sponsorship deal with FxPro.
- Aston Villa Football Club - In June 2010, Aston Villa announced a shirt sponsorship deal with FxPro, the most lucrative in the club's history.
- AS Monaco FC Club - In 2011, it was announced that FxPro would be the official partner of AS Monaco FC.
- AFC Champions League - In 2011, FxPro was the official partner of the Asian Football Confederation Champions League, Asia's premier club football tournament.
- FxPro Super Rugby - In 2012, FxPro became the domestic naming rights partner of five Australian SANZAR Super Rugby teams (NSW Waratahs, Queensland Reds, Melbourne Rebels, Western Force, and The Brumbies).
- "Company Overview of FxPro Group Limited". Bloomberg. Retrieved 16 April 2015.
- Lukas I. Alpert (19 March 2013). "Russia Denounces Deposit-Tax Plan". The Wall Street Journal. Retrieved 16 April 2015.
- "FXPRO Financial Services Ltd". CySEC. Retrieved 16 April 2015.
- "509956 - FXPRO UK Limited". FCA. Retrieved 16 April 2015.
- "Company Profile for EuroOrient Securities and Financial Services Ltd" (Press release). Reuters. Business Wire. 6 March 2009. Retrieved 2015-04-16.
- "Denis Sukhotin". ForexCrunch. 20 January 2011. Retrieved 16 April 2015.
- "Company Overview of FxPro Financial Services Limited". Bloomberg. Retrieved 16 April 2015.
- "FxPro establishes office in Austria". 4 October 2009. Archived from the original on 3 March 2013. Retrieved 16 April 2015.
- "FxPro opens Madrid office". FinExtra. 30 March 2010. Retrieved 16 April 2015.
- Investors Chronicle: Investment Awards 2010 Winners
- "FxPro Announces Launch of Australian Business" (Press release). Sydney: CNW. 16 November 2011. Retrieved 16 April 2015.
- Greenberg, Michael (3 March 2013). "FxPro Shuts Down Australian Office (Updated)". Finance Magnates. Retrieved 16 April 2015.
- "New MT4 WebTrader Platform Available with FxPro" (Press release). London: CNW. 29 August 2014. Retrieved 16 April 2015.
- "FxPro Unveils a Ground-Breaking Strategy Building Tool" (Press release). London: CNW. 22 May 2013. Retrieved 16 April 2015.
- Hatzakis, Steven (17 October 2013). "FXPro Announces Launch of SuperTrader Platform for Copy Trading". FinanceMagnates. Retrieved 16 April 2015.
- "FxPro MT5 Now Live" (Press release). London: CNW. 16 March 2015. Retrieved 16 April 2015.
- Greenberg, Michael (25 June 2012). "FxPro launches FxPro UK under FSA license". FinanceMagnates. Retrieved 16 April 2015.
- Long, Michael (4 March 2009). "BMW Sauber Formula One team lands new sponsor". SportsProMedia.com. Retrieved 16 April 2015.
- "Virgin Racing Stars Team Up With FxPro to Release New F1 Game". AutoRacing.com. 13 July 2010. Retrieved 16 April 2015.
- "Cyprus Rally History 1970-2014". CyprusRally.com.cy. Retrieved 16 April 2015.
- Thomas, Joe (28 June 2010). "LG Replaced by FxPro as Fulham F.C Shirt Sponsor". MarketingMagazine.co.uk. Retrieved 16 April 2015.
- "Aston Villa Confirm FxPro As New Shirt Sponsor From 2010/11". AstonVillaCentral.com. 10 June 2010. Retrieved 16 April 2015.
- "Forex Broker FxPro Becomes Official Sponsor of AS Monaco FC" (Press release). London: PR Newswire. 25 April 2011. Retrieved 16 April 2015.
- Greenberg, Michael (13 April 2011). "FxPro to sponsor the Asian Football Confederation (AFC) Champions League". Finance Magnates. Retrieved 16 April 2015.
- "ARU announces Super Rugby sponsor". ESPN. 16 November 2011. Retrieved 16 April 2015.