Headquarters at One Pickwick Plaza
|Traded as||NASDAQ: IBKR|
(Founder, Chairman & CEO)
|Products||Direct market access to stocks, options, futures, forex, bonds, ETFs and CFDs|
|Services||Online brokerage, direct-access trading|
|Parent||Interactive Brokers Group|
Interactive Brokers LLC (IB) is a U.S.-based online discount brokerage firm. It is the largest US online brokerage firm by number of daily average revenue trades; it also is the leading forex broker. The company is headquartered in Greenwich, Connecticut and has offices in Chicago, Hong Kong, Shanghai (a representative office), Sydney, and Zug. It is a subsidiary of Interactive Brokers Group, Inc., which has offices in thirteen countries.
IB is regulated by the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission, the Financial Industry Regulatory Authority (FINRA), New York Stock Exchange, Financial Services Authority and foreign regulatory agencies. The company is a provider of fully disclosed and non-disclosed broker accounts and provides correspondent clearing services to 200 introducing brokers worldwide. It has offered direct market access on Australian contracts for difference since 2008.
Trading tools and software
The company employs computer programmers and IT workers; programmers outnumber other employees 5-to-1. The company supports web-based and mobile trading platforms, an API, and a Computer to Computer Interface (CTCI) including:
- WebTrader, an HTML-based trading platform
- Trader Workstation (TWS), a Java-based electronic desktop trading platform
- MobileTWS, a mobile-compatible version of TWS that supports trading on iOS, Android and BlackBerry devices
- The iTWS trading app for the iPhone
- PaperTrader, a stock market simulator for practice using TWS features in a simulated environment
- Mosaic, a workspace with access to TWS trading, order management, and portfolio functionality
- IB's proprietary API and FIX CTCI solutions, let traders, investors and institutions create their own automated rule-based trading system that uses IB's high-speed order routing system and broad market coverage
- PortfolioAnalyst, a reporting tool for evaluating the performance of a portfolio against industry benchmarks
- Ideal FX (released as IdealPro), a tool for traders to receive tight forex quotes from multiple major money center banks in one quote montage
- The IB Risk NavigatorSM, a real-time market risk management platform for customers providing unified risk data across multiple asset classes worldwide
- Traders' Insight, a blog, providing market insight directly from global market participants to the trading and investing public.
- The Probability Lab, an options trading tool integrated into TWS provides a practical way to understand and analyze probability distribution for customized price outcomes
- IB SmartRouting, an order routing system that searches for the best firm stock, option and combination prices available at the time of order routing and seeks to immediately execute orders electronically
- "Interactive Brokers Adds IEX as an Electronic Trading Venue". The New York Times. Business Wire. April 3, 2014. Retrieved July 2, 2014.
- "Interactive Brokers Leads Industry in Percentage of Profitable Customer Forex Accounts". The Wall Street Journal. Business Wire. February 6, 2013. Retrieved July 2, 2014.
- "IB Fact Sheet". Interactive Brokers. Interactive Brokers Group. Retrieved June 23, 2014.
- "Interactive Brokers Rated #1 Online Broker by Barron's for the Third Year in a Row". The Wall Street Journal. Business Wire. March 19, 2014. Retrieved July 2, 2014.
- "Interactive Brokers Launches Contracts for Difference in Australia". Bloomberg News. Business Wire. October 21, 2008. Retrieved July 2, 2014.
- McGee, Susan (November 10, 2005). "A Breed Apart". Institutional Investor Magazine (November 2005) (Institutional Investor LLC). Retrieved June 27, 2014.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Interactive Brokers.|
- Media coverage