|Municipality of Galimuyod|
Map of Ilocos Sur with Galimuyod highlighted
|Region||Ilocos Region (Region I)|
|Barangays||24 (see Barangays)|
|• Type||Sangguniang Bayan|
|• Mayor||Juanito Balingsat|
|• Electorate||6,663 voters (2016)|
|• Total||34.40 km2 (13.28 sq mi)|
|• Density||310/km2 (810/sq mi)|
|Time zone||UTC+8 (PST)|
|IDD : area code||+63 (0)77|
|Climate type||Tropical monsoon climate|
|Income class||4th municipal income class|
|Revenue (₱)||183,075,987.74 (2016)|
This town, formerly known as Cabisilan, was once the biggest barrio of Candon during the Spanish Regime. A land dispute between them and residents of neighboring Sapang, another barrio of Candon, resulted in a "gin-nuyod" (Ilocano for "tug-of-war") contest, a common game during those days, to settle it. The people of Cabisilan won over the people of Sapang, making Cabisilan the center of barrios near it. The old folks renamed the barrio Galimuyod, from the Ilocano words tali ("rope") and ginuyod ("pulled").
- San Vicente
|Population census of Galimuyod|
|Source: Philippine Statistics Authority|
In the 2015 census, the population of Galimuyod was 10,748 people, with a density of 310 inhabitants per square kilometre or 800 inhabitants per square mile.
- "Municipality". Quezon City, Philippines: Department of the Interior and Local Government. Retrieved 31 May 2013.
- "Province: Ilocos Sur". PSGC Interactive. Quezon City, Philippines: Philippine Statistics Authority. Retrieved 12 November 2016.
- Census of Population (2015). "Region I (Ilocos Region)". Total Population by Province, City, Municipality and Barangay. PSA. Retrieved 20 June 2016.
- Census of Population and Housing (2010). "Region I (Ilocos Region)". Total Population by Province, City, Municipality and Barangay. NSO. Retrieved 29 June 2016.
- Censuses of Population (1903–2007). "Region I (Ilocos Region)". Table 1. Population Enumerated in Various Censuses by Province/Highly Urbanized City: 1903 to 2007. NSO.
- "Province of Ilocos Sur". Municipality Population Data. Local Water Utilities Administration Research Division. Retrieved 17 December 2016.
- Pasyalang Ilocos Sur
- Philippine Standard Geographic Code
- Philippine Census Information
- Local Governance Performance Management System
|This article about a location in Ilocos region is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|