Government of Sikkim
|Seat of Government||Gangtok|
|Governor||Shriniwas Dadasaheb Patil|
|Chief Minister||Pawan Kumar Chamling|
|Speaker||K N Rai|
|Members in Assembly||32|
|High Court||Sikkim High Court|
|Chief Justice||Narendra Kumar Jain|
The Government of Sikkim also known as the State Government of Sikkim, or locally as State Government, is the supreme governing authority of the Indian state of Sikkim and its 4 districts. It consists of an executive, led by the Governor of Sikkim, a judiciary and a legislative.
Like other states in India, the head of state of Sikkim is the Governor, appointed by the President of India on the advice of the Central government. His or her post is largely ceremonial. The Chief Minister is the head of government and is vested with the bulk of the executive powers. Gangtok is the capital of Sikkim, and houses the Vidhan Sabha (Legislative Assembly) and the secretariat. The Sikkim High Court is located in Gangtok, which has jurisdiction over the state.
Council of Minister
- Mr. Pawan Chamling, Chief Minister, Home Department, Finance Revenue and Expenditure Department, Development planning, Economic Reforms and North East Council Affairs Department and departments not specially allotted to any other Minister.
- Mr. Ram Bahadur Subba Human Resource Development,Sports & Youth Affairs,Law & Legislative,Parliamentary Affairs.
- Mr. Dorjee Dazon Bhutia Energy & Power and Labour.
- Mr. Ugen T. Gyatso Tourism & Civil Aviation and Commerce & Industries.
- Mr. Somnath Poudyal Food Security,Agriculture Development,Horticulture & Cash Crops Development,Irrigation & Flood Control and Animal Husbandry,Livestock Fisheries and Veterinary Services
- Mr. Dorjee Tshering Lepcha Sikkim Public Works ( Buildings & Housing ) and Transport.
- Mr. Narendra Kumar Subba Urban Development,Housing,Food,Civil Supplies and Consumer Affairs.
- Mrs. Tulsi Devi Rai Water Security,Public Health Engineering,Social Justice, Empowerment & Welfare Departments
- Mr. Tshering Wangdi Lepcha Forest,Environment & Wildlife Management,Mines,Minerals & Geology and Science & Technology.
- Mr. Garjaman Gurung Sikkim Public Works (Roads and Bridges) and Cultural Affairs & Heritage.
- Mr. Sher Bahadur Subedi Rural Management & Development,Panchayati Raj and Cooperation.
- Mr. Arjun Kumar Ghatani Healthcare,Human Services & Family Welfare and Information & Public Relation(IPR).
- "Sikkim Legislative Assembly". Legislative Bodies in India. National Informatics Centre. Retrieved 2008-05-10.