Guilherme with Lokomotiv Moscow in 2015
|Full name||Guilherme Alvim Marinato|
|Date of birth||12 December 1985|
|Place of birth||Cataguases, Brazil|
|Height||1.97 m (6 ft 6 in)|
|* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only and correct as of 26 April 2017.
‡ National team caps and goals correct as of 1 June 2016
Guilherme Alvim Marinato (Russian: Гилерме Алвим Маринато) or simply Guilherme (Brazilian Portuguese: [ɡiˈʎɛʁmi]); born 12 December 1985) is а Brazilian born Russian professional footballer who plays for FC Lokomotiv Moscow as a goalkeeper.
He made his professional debut for Atlético Paranaense in 0–1 defeat away to Nacional Atlético Clube in Campeonato Paranaense on 13 February 2005. Guilherme had risen through the ranks at the club and played 18 league matches and three Brazilian Cup games in the 2007 season.
In August 2007, Guilherme signed a five-year contract with FC Lokomotiv Moscow, becoming the first Brazilian goalkeeper in Russian football. He was handed the number 85 shirt. In 2007, he did not play a single game for the first team, and played only three games for the reserves.
Guilherme made his official first team debut on 12 July 2009, in Russian Premier League against Tom Tomsk (0–0 home draw), since then has been first-choice goalkeeper for Lokomotiv. In 2010, Guilherme changed his jersey number from 85 to 1. He played all 30 league matches during this season. On 19 August 2010 Guilherme made his UEFA Europa League debut against Lausanne-Sport.
During the winter camp at Cyprus in February 2013 Guilherme was appointed Lokomotiv's captain by manager Slaven Bilić. In July 2013 Guilherme won monthly contest among Lokomotiv's fans and was named Player of the month. He missed six month after cruciate ligaments injury in CSKA match on 28 July 2014 and returned to first-team football only next spring. Though, this season proved to be the most successful for Guilherme at Lokomotiv, as Loko claimed bronze medals.
In March 2015, his performances once more gained him the Lokomotiv Player of the month title.
Guilherme was born and raised in Brazil. He gained Russian citizenship, and on 22 November 2015, he was called up to the Russia national football team for friendly games against Lithuania and France. He made his debut on the 26 March 2016 at Otkrytiye Arena, replacing fellow debutant Stanislav Kritsyuk at half time in a 3–0 win, and became the first player naturalised from outside the former Soviet Union to feature for the Russian national team. He was included in the Russia squad in UEFA Euro 2016, but did not play a single match.
On 22 November 2015, Guilherme received Russian citizenship and became eligible to represent Russia at international level.
- As of 22 November 2015
- Atlético Paranaense
- Lokomotiv Moscow
- "Lokomotiv steam in for Guilherme". UEFA.com. 21 August 2007. Retrieved 7 February 2010.
- "ГИЛЬЕРМЕ: "ОБ ОВЧИННИКОВЕ СЛЫШАЛ И ОЧЕНЬ ЕГО УВАЖАЮ"". sport-express.ru. 22 August 2007. Retrieved 28 March 2012.
- "Гильерме будет выступать под первым номером". Чемпионат.com. 16 February 2010. Retrieved 28 March 2012.
- Официальный сайт ФК «Локомотив» :: Новости :: Гилерме – капитан «Локомотива»
- Официальный сайт ФК «Локомотив» :: Новости :: Гилерме – игрок июля!
- У Гилерме – повреждение передней крестообразной связки (in Russian). FC Lokomotiv Moscow. 29 July 2013.
- Маринато Гилерме – лучший игрок марта! (in Russian). FC Lokomotiv Moscow. 31 March 2015.
- Состав на Литву и Францию (in Russian). Russian Football Union. 11 March 2016.
- "Spielend integriert: Erster "russifizierter" Kicker siegt für Russland gegen Litauen" [Integrated playing: First "Russified" players wins for Russia against Lithuania] (in German). Sputnik. 27 March 2016. Retrieved 27 March 2016.
- Вратарь «Локомотива» Гильерме получил российское гражданство (in Russian). championat.com. 22 November 2015.
- Includes Campeonato Paranaense and Russian Super Cup
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Guilherme Marinato.|