The Gunicorn "Green Unicorn" is a Python Web Server Gateway Interface (WSGI) HTTP server. It is a pre-fork worker model, ported from Ruby's Unicorn project. The Gunicorn server is broadly compatible with a number of web frameworks, simply implemented, light on server resources and fairly fast.
- Natively supports WSGI, web2py, Django and Paster
- Automatic worker process management
- Simple Python configuration
- Multiple worker configurations
- Various server hooks for extensibility
- Compatible with Python 2.6+ and Python 3.2+
This article incorporates text available under the CC BY 3.0 license.