HTC Advantage X7500
|This article may need to be rewritten entirely to comply with Wikipedia's quality standards. (May 2009)|
The HTC Advantage X7500 or HTC Athena is a Windows Mobile 5.0 Pocket PC Phone Edition based smartphone designed and manufactured by HTC. The Athena was sold by T-Mobile US under the name T-Mobile Ameo. The Ameo launched in Europe in March 2007. It was also sold under the Dopod brand as the Dopod U1000.
The HTC Advantage X7501 is the Windows Mobile 6.0 version released in July 2007 as an OEM unlocked GSM phone by CompUSA and Amazon.com primarily for the North American market as a Pocket PC. It does not have the second camera which the Advantage X7500 has for videoconferencing.
The HTC Advantage X7510 is an updated version of the X7500, featuring Windows Mobile 6.1 "Manilla" Professional and solid state, 16GB flash drive. The X7510 model brings back the secondary VGA camera on the screen side for videoconferencing.
A full specifications sheet was leaked on January 26, 2007.
|OS||Microsoft Windows Mobile 5.0 Pocket PC Phone Edition for X7500 (T-Mobile Optional Update to WM6) (Windows Mobile 6 Professional for X7501)|
|Dimensions||133'5mm x 97'7mm x 16mm, 360g|
|Processor||Intel Bulverde PXA270 624 MHz
ATI technologies Imageon 2284
|Memory||ROM: 256 MB, RAM: 128 MB SDRAM, HDD: 8GB with G sensor|
|Display||5", LED backlight TFT LCD touchscreen, VGA(640x480)|
|Communication||HSDPA/UMTS (Triband, 850/1900/2100 MHz)
GSM/GPRS/EDGE (Quad band, 850/900/1800/1900 MHz)
|GPS||SiRFstarIII GPS Chipset|
|Camera||Main Camera: 3.0 MPx, auto-focus
2nd Camera: VGA (not available X7501), LED flash
|Connectivity & Interface||USB 2.0
Bluetooth 2.0 A2DP
WiFi IEEE 802.11b/g
20 channel integrated GPS
3V USIM/SIM card slot
USB 1.1 Host (low power) through proprietary 16 pin port
|Battery||Sanyo Lithium-Ion 2200mAH|
Smart Dialing/Voice Speed Dialing
Adobe Acrobat LE PDF
Blackberry Push Email Client
- Lutzh Haedrich, Lutzh (7 March 2007). "Review: The T-Mobile Ameo - a whole new concept". msmobiles.com. Archived from the original on 4 July 2007. Retrieved 4 July 2007.
- Hardy, Ed (26 January 2007). "HTC Athena Uber-Handheld Officially Announced". BrightHand. Archived from the original on 16 February 2007. Retrieved 26 January 2007.
- "HTC Advantage 7501 (Unlocked)". Amazon.com. Archived from the original on 28 June 2007. Retrieved 4 July 2007.
- The Boy Genius (26 January 2007). "HTC X7500 Full Spec Sheet". Boy Genius Report. Archived from the original on 16 February 2007. Retrieved 26 January 2007.
- HTC Advantage X7500, X7501, X7510 (archive)
- HTC Advantage X7501 (archive)
- HTC Source: a news blog dedicated to HTC devices
- Official HTC wiki site (archive)
- HTC Athena (Wiki) from forum.xda-developers.com/wiki