|MARC commuter rail station|
Rebuilt Halethorpe MARC Station from August 10, 2013.
|Location||5833 Southwestern Boulevard,
Halethorpe, MD 21227
|Platforms||2 side platforms|
|Connections|| MTA Bus 77
|Passengers (2013)||1,310 (MARC)|
Halethorpe is a passenger rail station on the MARC Penn Line between Washington, D.C., Baltimore and Perryville, Maryland, United States. This station is also on the southern section of the Northeast Corridor; however, Amtrak does not stop at this station.
Halethorpe Station is located along Southwestern Boulevard (US 1) beneath a bridge for Francis Avenue, which also contains a staircase leading between the station and the bridge. A long parking lot between US 1 and the railroad tracks spans from north of the Washington Boulevard interchange to south of Tom Day Boulevard. South of Halethorpe, the Penn Line crosses under the MARC Camden Line east of the St Denis MARC station. The vicinity is considered an excellent spot for railfanning due to its proximity to Baltimore and its location at a point that sees CSX Capital Subdivision, Baltimore Terminal Subdivision, and Old Main Line Subdivision freight traffic.
Halethorpe Station serves the University of Maryland Baltimore County two miles away. UMBC's Halethorpe/Satellite Transit Line provides a bus connection from the campus to the station. Additional communities include Arbutus, Catonsville, and Violetville.
A new ADA-accessible station with a high platform and a pedestrian bridge was completed on August 12, 2013. The station has two new 700-foot long platforms with canopies, a pedestrian bridge, new stairs and elevator towers, a ticket area and restrooms.
- MARC station list (includes Halethorpe) MARC official website
- Halethorpe MARC Station (TrainWeb)
- "Governor O'Malley Opens Renovated MARC Halethorpe Station". Maryland Transit Administration. Retrieved 20 September 2013.
- "MARC Train station opens in Halethorpe". baltimoresun.com. Tribune. Retrieved 23 August 2013.
- "New MARC station dedicated to late lawmaker". baltimoresun.com. Tribune. Retrieved 23 August 2013.