at the Geneva Motor Show 2018
|Born||October 13, 1965|
Freiburg im Breisgau, West Germany
|Alma mater||Braunschweig University of Technology|
RWTH Aachen University
|Occupation||Chairman of BMW Group|
Early life and education
Krüger grew up in the city of Braunschweig. His mother was a teacher and his father a doctor of physics. After graduating from the Hoffmann von Fallersleben School in 1984, he studied mechanical engineering at the Braunschweig University of Technology (undergraduate studies) and RWTH Aachen University (main studies) and in 1991 passed his exams (mechanical engineering).
Krüger joined BMW in 1992 in the Technical Planning/Production division. From 1993 to 1995 he then worked as a project engineer in the construction of the BMW plant Spartanburg (USA). From 1995 to 1997 he was a personnel officer for experimental vehicle construction at the Munich "Research and Innovation Center" (FIZ). From 1997 to 2000, Krüger oversaw and managed the department "Strategic Production Planning". In 2000 he was appointed as Head of Department "Production Strategies and Communications". And as of 2003 he headed the engine production in the British BMW plant Hams Hall. From 2007 to 2008, Krüger was the Head of Technical Integration. On December 1, 2008, Krüger was appointed to the BMW Board of Management, responsible for the Human Resources Department. He was the youngest board member of BMW at the time. In 2009, BMW became the first DAX company to link the salary of factory workers and the management salary. Krüger stated: "We're making sure that the pay gap doesn't open any further."
- German Association of the Automotive Industry (VDA), Member of the Managing Board
- Baden-Badener Unternehmer-Gespräche (BBUG), Member of the Board of Trustees
- European Automobile Manufacturers Association (ACEA), Member of the Board of Directors
- European Round Table of Industrialists (ERT), Member
- Technical University of Munich (TUM), Member of the Board of Trustees
- "CV of Harald Krüger, Chairman of the Board of Management of BMW AG". www.press.bmwgroup.com. Retrieved 2017-09-05.
- "CV of Harald Krüger, Chairman of the Board of Management of BMW AG". www.press.bmwgroup.com. Retrieved 2017-07-30.
- "Executive Profile | BMW AG | Harald Krüger | Customer Intelligence". www.boardroominsiders.com. Retrieved 2017-07-30.
- "BMW CEO Krüger promises President Trump further U.S. investments". BMW BLOG. 2017-03-20. Retrieved 2017-07-30.
- Hage, Simon (2017-05-09). "BMW-Chef Krüger: Auto-Boss mit Auftrittsschwäche". Der Spiegel. Retrieved 2018-08-02.
- Freudenreich, Von Daniel. "Der neue BMW-Chef kickte in Braunschweig" (in German). Retrieved 2018-07-15.
- "Lebenslauf von Harald Krüger, Vorsitzender des Vorstands der BMW AG". www.press.bmwgroup.com (in German). Retrieved 2018-07-15.
- "Im Gespräch: BMW-Vorstand Harald Krüger: „2009 gibt es keine Kündigungen"". FAZ.NET (in German). ISSN 0174-4909. Retrieved 2018-08-02.
- Meck, Georg. "BMW: Arbeiter bestimmen jetzt die Manager-Löhne". FAZ.NET (in German). ISSN 0174-4909. Retrieved 2018-08-04.
- "Harald Krüger neuer Vorstandsvorsitzender". www.press.bmwgroup.com (in German). Retrieved 2018-08-04.
- "Stocks". Bloomberg.com. Retrieved 2017-09-05.
- "BMW change de patron sur fond de ventes et de profits record". lesechos.fr. 2015-05-13. Retrieved 2017-09-05.
- Georgina Prodhan (March 13, 2017), Captains of German industry to accompany Merkel on Trump trip Reuters.
- Supervisory Board: Harald Krüger Deutsche Telekom.
- Managing Board & Presiding Board German Association of the Automotive Industry (VDA).
- Board of Trustees Baden-Badener Unternehmer-Gespräche (BBUG).
- Board of Directors European Automobile Manufacturers Association (ACEA).
- Members European Round Table of Industrialists.
- Board of Trustees Technical University of Munich (TUM).
|This German business-related biographical article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|