|Atul Gawande, CEO|
Haven is a not-for-profit, healthcare-focused entity created through a joint venture by American companies Amazon, Berkshire Hathaway and JPMorgan Chase. The entity's stated goals are to improve healthcare services and lower costs for the three companies' employees, while making primary care easier to access, making prescription drugs more affordable and rendering insurance benefits easier to understand. The company will be headquartered in Boston, Massachusetts and also have offices in New York City.
On January 30, 2018, Amazon, Berkshire Hathaway, and JPMorgan Chase announced the formation of a company to provide low-cost and high quality healthcare for their more than million worldwide employees. JPMorgan's Jamie Dimon said at the time of the announcement, "The three of our companies have extraordinary resources, and our goal is to create solutions that benefit our U.S. employees, their families and, potentially, all Americans." And Berkshire Hathaway Chairman and CEO Warren Buffett said, Health care costs are "a hungry tapeworm on the American economy".
In May 2019, Chief Operating Officer Jack Stoddard announced he was leaving his role after just nine months citing the commute between Philadelphia and Boston was taking him away from his family.
- CEO Atul Gawande.
- Chief Technology Officer Serkan, formerly CTO of ZocDoc, an online medical care appointment booking service.
- Dana Gelb Safran formerly from Blue Cross Blue Shield of Massachusetts, who will be responsible for leading the company to use data, incentives, reporting, and measurement to improve the quality, outcomes and affordability of healthcare.
- David Smith, an executive they hired from UnitedHealth Group's Optum subsidiary company, which caused a lawsuit from Optum over an alleged breach of contract.
- Staff, Writer (2019-03-06). "Amazon-Berkshire Hathaway-JPMorgan name joint venture Haven". Modern Healthcare. Retrieved 2019-03-07.
- Moon, Mariella (2019-03-07). "Amazon's joint healthcare organization is called 'Haven". Engadget. Retrieved 2019-03-07.
- Chappell, Bill; Dwyer, Colin (2018-01-30). "Amazon, Berkshire Hathaway And JPMorgan Chase Launch New Health Care Company". NPR. Retrieved 2019-03-07.
- Hensley, Scott (2018-06-20). "Atul Gawande Named CEO Of Health Venture By Amazon, Berkshire Hathaway And JPMorgan". NPR. Retrieved 2019-03-07.
- "Haven sets up shop in New York to hire tech employees". Becker's Hospital Review. 2019-04-19. Archived from the original on 2019-04-19. Retrieved 2019-05-15.
- Farr, Christina (2019-05-16). "Haven, the new health venture led by Amazon, Berkshire Hathaway and JP Morgan, just lost its No. 2 exec". CNBC. Archived from the original on 2019-05-17. Retrieved 2019-05-17.
- Farr, Christina (2019-03-13). "Everything we know about Haven, the Amazon joint venture to revamp health care". CNBC. Retrieved 2019-03-14.
|This corporation or company article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|