|I Remember You|
|Also known as||Remember You|
|Written by||Kwon Ki-young|
|Directed by||Noh Sang-hoon |
|Starring||Seo In-guk |
|Country of origin||South Korea|
|No. of episodes||16|
|Executive producers||Jinnie Jin-hee Choi |
|Producers||Hwang Ui-kyung |
|Cinematography||Park Sung |
|Running time||70 minutes|
|Production company||CJ E&M|
|Original network||Korean Broadcasting System|
|Audio format||Dolby Digital 2.0|
|Original release||June 22 –|
August 11, 2015
|Revised Romanization||Neoreul gieokae|
Hello Monster (Korean: 너를 기억해; RR: Neoreul Gieokhae; lit. I Remember You) is a South Korean television series starring Seo In-guk, Jang Na-ra, Choi Won-young and Park Bo-gum. It aired on KBS2 from June 22 to August 11, 2015 every Mondays and Tuesdays at 21:55 for 16 episodes.
Genius profiler Lee Hyun (Seo In-guk), returns home to Korea after something from a case he's been sent triggers a memory he thought he'd lost forever. Unbeknownst to him, one of his team members, Detective Cha Ji-an (Jang Na-ra), has been investigating him for some time. She is aware that his father was murdered and his brother disappeared under mysterious circumstances involving a criminal named Lee Joon Young (Do Kyungsoo) -- whom they both want found and incarcerated. Each seeks to unravel the other, unaware that they've been drawn into a dangerous game of cat and mouse by a master player and that both truth and evil are closer and far more twisted than they think.
- Lee Hyun was a "strange child" who caught the attention of his father, a police inspector, who later confined him in a small room to prevent him from breeding criminal thoughts. An intelligent child, he later studies abroad and becomes a reputed professor. Strangely, he loses his childhood memories, and a series of events lead him to return to South Korea. There he tries to solve numerous murder cases that seem to be linked to one another in order to find his long-lost little brother, whom he presumed to be the serial killer.
- Jang Na-ra as Cha Ji-an
- Park Ji-so as young Cha Ji-an
- Cha Ji-an's father mysteriously disappeared together with Lee Joon-young, a convicted prisoner who was said to have escaped from confinement. She becomes a police inspector and meets Lee Hyun, the boy she has been stalking since her childhood. Their similar circumstances lead them together as they work to solve criminal cases.
- Born as a result of rape, Joon-young was neglected as a child. He soon bred murderous thoughts and became a murderer who eventually escaped from prison. 20 years later, he returned with the identity of Lee Joon-ho.
- Lee Min shared a close relationship with Lee Hyun as a child and often confided his darkest secrets to him. He feels neglected later on as he was under the misconception that he had been abandoned by his brother after their father was murdered. He later appears nearly 20 years later using the name Jung Sun-ho.
- Lee Chun-hee as Kang Eun-hyuk
- The leader of the special investigator team and son of the police commissioner.
- Min Sung-wook as Son Myung-woo
- Special investigator member and senior of Cha Ji-an. He is cynical and is annoyed by Lee Hyun's attitude.
- Kim Jae-young as Min Seung-joo
- The youngest member of the team. He is a bright young man who is cheerful.
- Son Seung-won as Choi Eun-bok
- Special investigator team member. He is a slightly quiet person. Unbeknownst to the team, he is one of the kid that Lee Joon-young saved from his hellish childhood life.
- Im Ji-eun as Hyun Ji-soo
- Planning director of the investigation team and Lee Hyun's adoptive mother.
- Nam Kyung-eup as Kang Seok-joo
- Police commissioner and father of Kang Eun-hyuk
Guest and cameo appearances
- Shin Dong-mi as Yang Eun-jung
- Cha Ji-an's aunt.
- Jun Kwang-ryul as Lee Joong-min
- Lee Hyun's and Min's father.
- Tae In-ho as Yang Seung-hoon
- A chaebol, who is a serial killer and Jung Sun-ho's defendant
- Choi Deok-moon as Na Bong-sung
- Lee Hyun's indebted friend, who Hyun always ask a favor from
- Lee So-yoon
- Yoo Hyung-kwan as Yang Jin-seok
- Park Gun-rak
- Lee Won-jae
- Ha In-hwan
- Bae Ki-bum
- Han Young-kwan
- Yoon Dong-young
- Dong Yoon-seok
- Song Ui-joon
- Shin Jae-ha as Park Dae-young (episode 5)
- A serial killer whose motive is to avenge his mother and little sister's death
- Kim Jong-gu as Shin Jang-ho
- Jung Jong-ryul
- Kim Kyu-chul as Park Young-chul (episode 5)
- Park Dae-young's father, a prisoner who was accused of killing his wife and daughter
- Seo Young-joo as Lee Jung-ha (episodes 6–7)
- Lee Han-chul's son
- Yoo Se-hyung as Lee Jin-woo
- Lee Jung-ha's friend. His father was murdered by Lee Han-chul.
- Ryu Sung-hyun as Lee Han-chul (episodes 6–7)
- Lee Jung-ha's father, a serial killer and rapist
- Lim Seong-eon as Ji Hyun-sook (episodes 9–10)
- Myung-woo's blind date, who later was abducted by a serial killer and his girlfriend
- Ko Kyu-pil as Park Soo-yong
- Park Jae-woong as Do Jae-shik (episode 10)
- A serial killer
- Lee El as Kang Sung-eun (episodes 9–10)
- Do Jae-shik's girlfriend and accomplice
- Kim Min-kyung
- Hwang Min-ho
In this table, the blue numbers represent the lowest ratings and the red numbers represent the highest ratings.
|Ep.||Original broadcast date||Title||Average audience share|
|1||June 22, 2015||Every Child's Story Begins with Their Parents||5.6%||5.4%||4.7%||4.7%|
|2||June 23, 2015||Hello, Monster||5.6%||5.8%||4.7%||4.5%|
|3||June 29, 2015||Thou Shall Not Kill, But...||5.2%||5.8%||4.7%||4.8%|
|4||June 30, 2015||The Suspect, Lee Hyun||4.9%||5.0%||4.0%||4.1%|
|5||July 6, 2015||Borne Back Ceaselessly into the Past||4.6%||4.8%||4.6%||4.8%|
|6||July 7, 2015||The Blood of a Murderer||5.4%||5.5%||4.8%||4.9%|
|7||July 13, 2015||Let's Be Partners?||5.0%||5.2%||4.7%||4.5%|
|8||July 14, 2015||Remember Me||4.2%||4.7%||4.6%||5.0%|
|9||July 20, 2015||Stalker S||4.5%||4.6%||4.9%||5.1%|
|10||July 21, 2015||Find Me||4.6%||4.7%||5.0%||5.0%|
|11||July 27, 2015||Birth of a Monster||4.7%||5.1%||4.8%||4.9%|
|12||July 28, 2015||If I Had to Kill Somebody...||4.6%||5.5%||5.0%||5.2%|
|13||August 3, 2015||What Choice Would You Make?||4.1%||4.1%||4.5%||4.7%|
|14||August 4, 2015||Lee Joon-young's Room||4.7%||4.9%||5.3%||5.4%|
|15||August 10, 2015||Is a Happy Ending Possible?||4.6%||5.0%||4.5%||4.9%|
|16||August 11, 2015||I Remember You||4.3%||4.3%||5.1%||5.3%|
Awards and nominations
|2015||Top Excellence Award, Actress||Jang Na-ra||Nominated|
|Excellence Award, Actor||Seo In-guk||Nominated|
|Best Screenplay||Kwon Ki-young||Nominated|
|Best New Actor||Park Bo-gum||Nominated|
|Best Supporting Actor||Won|
|Popularity Award, Actor||Won|
|Excellence Award, Actor in a Mini-series||Seo In-guk||Nominated|
|Excellence Award, Actress in a Mini-series||Jang Na-ra||Nominated|
|Malaysia||TV2||September 2 - October 7, 2018 (Sunday - Tuesday, 20:30 - 21:30); December 23, 2018 - ongoing (Sunday - Tuesday, 20:30 - 21:30) [reaired]||I Remember You|
- "Remember You (2015)". CJ ENM. CJ ENM. Archived from the original on July 20, 2019. Retrieved July 20, 2019. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- Jin, Min-ji (April 25, 2015). "Seo In-guk takes on drama". Korea JoongAng Daily. Retrieved June 15, 2015. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- Lee, Min-ji (June 4, 2015). "I Remember You Releases Photos of Jang Nara and Seo In Guk". enewsWorld. Archived from the original on July 11, 2015. Retrieved June 15, 2015. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- Yoon, Sarah (June 16, 2015). "Jang Na-ra 'had concerns' about age gap with costar Seo In-guk". K-pop Herald. Retrieved June 22, 2015. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- Lee, Nancy (June 8, 2015). "Seo In Guk and Jang Nara's Sexy Poster for I Remember You Unveiled". enewsWorld. Archived from the original on July 23, 2015. Retrieved June 15, 2015. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- Ghim, Sora (June 8, 2015). "Hello Monster Releases Its Couple Poster Of The Leads". BNTNews. Retrieved June 15, 2015. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- "Hello Monster: The Discovery of Actor Park Bo-gum". Newsen.
- Hong Hyun-taek and Hong Eun-taek are biological brothers.
- "TNmS Daily Ratings". TNmS Ratings (in Korean). Archived from the original on November 28, 2013. Retrieved June 22, 2015. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- "Nielsen Korea". AGB Nielsen Media Research (in Korean). Archived from the original on March 17, 2017. Retrieved June 22, 2015. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)