|Written by||Kwon Ki-young|
Noh Sang-hoon |
Seo In-guk |
|Country of origin||South Korea|
|No. of episodes||16|
Jinnie Jin-hee Choi |
Hwang Ui-kyung |
Park Sung |
|Running time||70 minutes|
|Production company(s)||CJ E&M|
|Original network||Korean Broadcasting System|
|Audio format||Dolby Digital 2.0|
|Original release||June 22– August 11, 2015|
|Revised Romanization||Neoreul gieokae|
Hello Monster (Hangul: 너를 기억해; RR: Neoreul Gieokhae; lit. I Remember You) is a South Korean television series starring Seo In-guk, Jang Na-ra, Choi Won-young and Park Bo-gum. It aired on KBS2 from June 22 to August 11, 2015 every Mondays and Tuesdays at 21:55 for 16 episodes.
Genius profiler Lee Hyun (Seo In-guk), returns home to Korea after something from a case he’s been sent triggers a memory he thought he’d lost forever. Unbeknownst to him, one of his team members, Detective Cha Ji-an (Jang Na-ra), has been investigating him for some time. She is aware that his father was murdered and his brother disappeared under mysterious circumstances involving a criminal named Lee Joon Young (Do Kyungsoo) -- whom they both want found and incarcerated. Each seeks to unravel the other, unaware that they’ve been drawn into a dangerous game of cat and mouse by a master player and that both truth and evil are closer and far more twisted than they think.
- Lee Hyun was a "strange child" who caught the attention of his father, a police inspector, who later confined the child in a small room to prevent him from breeding criminal thoughts. An intelligent child, he later studies abroad and becomes a reputed professor. Strangely, he loses his childhood memories, and a series of events lead him to return to South Korea. There he tries to solve numerous murder cases that seem to be linked to one another.
- Jang Na-ra as Cha Ji-an
- Park Ji-so as young Cha Ji-an
- Cha Ji-an's father mysteriously disappeared together with Lee Joon-young, a convicted prisoner who was said to have escaped from confinement. She becomes a police inspector and meets Lee Hyun, the boy she has been stalking since her childhood. Their similar circumstances lead them together as they work to solve criminal cases.
- Born as a result of rape, Joon-young was neglected as a child. He soon bred murderous thoughts and became a murderer who eventually escaped from prison.
- Lee Min shared a close relationship with Lee Hyun as a child and often confided his darkest secrets to him. He feels neglected later on as he was under the misconception that he had been abandoned by his brother after their father was murdered. He later appears nearly 20 years later using the name Jung Sun-ho.
- Lee Chun-hee as Kang Eun-hyuk
- The leader of the police unit and son of the police commissioner.
- Min Sung-wook as Son Myung-woo
- Kim Jae-young as Min Seung-joo
- Son Seung-won as Choi Eun-bok
- Im Ji-eun as Hyun Ji-soo
- Planning director of the investigation team and Lee Hyun's adoptive mother.
- Nam Kyung-eup as Kang Seok-joo
- Police commissioner and father of Kang Eun-hyuk
Guest and cameo appearances
- Shin Dong-mi as Yang Eun-jung
- Cha Ji-an's aunt.
- Jun Kwang-ryul as Lee Joong-min
- Lee Hyun's and Min's father.
- Tae In-ho as Yang Seung-hoon
- Choi Deok-moon as Na Bong-sung
- Lee So-yoon
- Yoo Hyung-kwan as Yang Jin-seok
- Park Gun-rak
- Lee Won-jae
- Ha In-hwan
- Bae Ki-bum
- Han Young-kwan
- Yoon Dong-young
- Dong Yoon-seok
- Song Ui-joon
- Shin Jae-ha as Park Dae-young (episode 5)
- Kim Jong-gu as Shin Jang-ho
- Jung Jong-ryul
- Kim Kyu-chul as Park Young-chul (episode 5)
- Seo Young-joo as Lee Jung-ha (episodes 6–7)
- Yoo Se-hyung as Lee Jin-woo
- Ryu Sung-hyun as Lee Han-chul (episodes 6–7)
- Lim Seong-eon as Ji Hyun-sook (episodes 9–10)
- Go Kyu-pil as Park Soo-yong
- Park Jae-woong as Do Jae-shik
- Lee El as Kang Sung-eun (episodes 9–10)
- Kim Min-kyung
- Hwang Min-ho
|Episode #||Original broadcast date||Title||Average audience share|
|TNmS Ratings||AGB Nielsen|
|Nationwide||Seoul National Capital Area||Nationwide||Seoul National Capital Area|
|1||June 22, 2015||Every Child's Story Begins with Their Parents||5.6%||5.4%||4.7%||4.7%|
|2||June 23, 2015||Hello, Monster||5.6%||5.8%||4.7%||4.5%|
|3||June 29, 2015||Thou Shall Not Kill, But...||5.2%||5.8%||4.7%||4.8%|
|4||June 30, 2015||The Suspect, Lee Hyun||4.9%||5.0%||4.0%||4.1%|
|5||July 6, 2015||Borne Back Ceaselessly into the Past||4.6%||4.8%||4.6%||4.8%|
|6||July 7, 2015||The Blood of a Murderer||5.4%||5.5%||4.8%||4.9%|
|7||July 13, 2015||Let's Be Partners?||5.0%||5.2%||4.7%||4.5%|
|8||July 14, 2015||Remember Me||4.2%||4.7%||4.6%||5.0%|
|9||July 20, 2015||Stalkers||4.5%||4.6%||4.9%||5.1%|
|10||July 21, 2015||Find Me||4.6%||4.7%||5.0%||5.0%|
|11||July 27, 2015||Birth of a Monster||4.7%||5.1%||4.8%||4.9%|
|12||July 28, 2015||If I Had to Kill Somebody...||4.6%||5.5%||5.0%||5.2%|
|13||August 3, 2015||What Choice Would You Make?||4.1%||4.1%||4.5%||4.7%|
|14||August 4, 2015||Lee Joon-young's Room||4.7%||4.9%||5.3%||5.4%|
|15||August 10, 2015||Is a Happy Ending Possible?||4.6%||5.0%||4.5%||4.9%|
|16||August 11, 2015||I Remember You||4.3%||4.3%||5.1%||5.3%|
Awards and nominations
|2015||Top Excellence Award, Actress||Jang Na-ra||Nominated|
|Excellence Award, Actor||Seo In-guk||Nominated|
|Best Screenplay||Kwon Ki-young||Nominated|
|4th APAN Star Awards||Best New Actor||Park Bo-gum||Nominated|
|Best Supporting Actor||Won|
|Popularity Award, Actor||Won|
|Excellence Award, Actor in a Mini-series||Seo In-guk||Nominated|
|Excellence Award, Actress in a Mini-series||Jang Na-ra||Nominated|
- Jin, Min-ji (April 25, 2015). "Seo In-guk takes on drama". Korea JoongAng Daily. Retrieved June 15, 2015.
- Lee, Min-ji (June 4, 2015). "I Remember You Releases Photos of Jang Nara and Seo In Guk". enewsWorld. Retrieved June 15, 2015.
- Yoon, Sarah (June 16, 2015). "Jang Na-ra 'had concerns' about age gap with costar Seo In-guk". K-pop Herald. Retrieved June 22, 2015.
- Lee, Nancy (June 8, 2015). "Seo In Guk and Jang Nara's Sexy Poster for I Remember You Unveiled". enewsWorld. Retrieved June 15, 2015.
- Ghim, Sora (June 8, 2015). "Hello Monster Releases Its Couple Poster Of The Leads". BNTNews. Retrieved June 15, 2015.
- "Hello Monster: The Discovery of Actor Park Bo-gum". Newsen.
- Hong Hyun-taek and Hong Eun-taek are biological brothers.
- "TNmS Daily Ratings: this links to current day-select the date from drop down menu". TNmS Ratings (in Korean). Archived from the original on November 28, 2013. Retrieved June 22, 2015.
- "AGB Daily Ratings: this links to current day-select the date from drop down menu". AGB Nielsen Media Research (in Korean). Archived from the original on December 26, 2013. Retrieved June 22, 2015.