Hialeah Gardens High School
|Hialeah Gardens Senior High School|
|11700 Hialeah Gardens Blvd.
Hialeah Gardens, Florida 33018
|School type||Public, high school|
|Motto||The Gladiator Life is the Life We Live!|
|School district||Miami-Dade County Public Schools|
|Principal||Dr. Louis J. Algaze|
Hialeah Gardens High School is a secondary school in Hialeah Gardens, Florida, United States, which opened its doors in August of 2009. It is part of the Miami-Dade County Public Schools system. The current school principal is Dr. Louis J. Algaze.
Hialeah Gardens High School was built as an overcrowding reliever school for Barbara Goleman High School. Hialeah Gardens High School serves portions of extreme western Hialeah and the city of Hialeah Gardens; in turn Barbara Goleman High School took territory from the boundary of American High School. Due to unforeseen construction delays, the student body was divided between the Barbara Goleman High School campus (sophomores) and the Hialeah Gardens Middle School campus (freshmen) for the 2008-2009 school year. The 2009-2010 school year was the first time the building was open and all students began attending the campus.
In the school's inaugural year, it housed the classes of 2011 and 2012. Hialeah Gardens' first graduating class was the Class of 2011, whose graduation took place at Florida International University on June 10, 2011.
The school offers a variety of academies that allow career exploration, including engineering, automotive, biomedical and finance academies which are part of the National Academy Foundation program. Moreover, the school has a large AICE program.
The school has a vast variety of athletics. Below some of the school's athletic accomplishments can be found.
- The boys' wrestling team were two-time district runner ups for the 2009-2010 and 2013-2014 seasons.
- The boys' basketball team won the Florida state championship for the 2011-2012 school year against Hagerty High School.
- The boys' swimming team were district champs for the 2011, 2012, 2013, and 2014 season.
- The varsity baseball team won district championships in 2012 and 2016.
- Maria Lopez (a senior at the time) of the girls' swimming team took fourth in the FHSAA tournament for her competition and was crowned the MVP for the 2013 season.
- "Hialeah Gardens Senior High School 2013 Grade". Ledger Data. Retrieved September 10, 2013.
- "UNIFORM POLICY". Dadeschools.net. Archived from the original on August 7, 2012. Retrieved February 6, 2013.
- Walter Villa (January 29, 2013). "Hialeah Gardens players say taunts provided motivation". The Miami Herald. Retrieved February 6, 2013.