Location of Hideaway, Texas
|• President of the Board of Directors||Jean Cox|
|• Total||2.4 sq mi (6 km2)|
|• Land||2.0 sq mi (5 km2)|
|• Water||0.4 sq mi (1 km2)|
|• Density||1,300/sq mi (510/km2)|
|Time zone||Central (CST) (UTC-6)|
|• Summer (DST)||CDT (UTC-5)|
Hideaway is a largely residential city and gated community in Smith County, Texas, United States. It is located directly north of Interstate 20; the main gate accessed by Exit 552 - FM 849. Hideaway is approximately 13 miles (21 km) northwest of Tyler and 79 miles (127 km) east of Dallas. It had an estimated population of 3,001 in 2009. The 2010 census counted 3,083 residents.
Hideaway is part of the Tyler Metropolitan Statistical Area.
The land that now encompasses Hideaway was originally included in the large plantation owned by Texas governor Richard B. Hubbard. Later, the land was purchased by developer James Fair. In 1967, Fair planned and developed the land, naming it "Hide-A-Way Lake." The community was slated to contain 1,350 acres (5.5 km2) with a total 1,944 residential lots. In 2000, the community, then managed by Hideaway Homeowners, Inc. (which is the HOA) and Hideaway Lake Club, Inc. (which operates the golfing facilities) merged, forming a municipal corporation known as Hideaway Lake Club, Inc.
This section needs expansion. You can help by adding to it. (July 2015)
The Lindale Independent School District serves area students.
- "Hide-A-Way Lake Information"
- "Table 4: Annual Estimates of the Resident Population for Incorporated Places in Texas, Listed Alphabetically: April 1, 2000 to July 1, 2009". United States Census Bureau, Population Division. 2010-06-22. Archived from the original (CSV) on June 27, 2010. Retrieved 2010-06-24.
- Hideaway, TX - Handbook of Texas Online
- "Hideaway, Texas"
- "Population and Housing Unit Estimates". Retrieved June 9, 2017.
- "Census of Population and Housing". Census.gov. Archived from the original on May 12, 2015. Retrieved June 4, 2015.
|This article about a location in Smith County, Texas is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|