Holice (Pardubice District)
Saint Martin Church
|• Mayor||Ondřej Výborný|
|• Total||19.69 km2 (7.60 sq mi)|
|Elevation||245 m (804 ft)|
|• Density||330/km2 (860/sq mi)|
|Time zone||UTC+1 (CET)|
|• Summer (DST)||UTC+2 (CEST)|
Holice was first mentioned in 1336. It obtained the town status in the 15th century.
This section needs expansion. You can help by adding to it. (June 2008)
This section is empty. You can help by adding to it. (June 2008)
Holice serves as center of microregion with villages: Býšť, Dobříkov, Dolní Roveň, Dolní Ředice, Horní Jelení, Horní Ředice, Chvojenec, Jaroslav, Ostřetín, Poběžovice u Holic, Radhošť, Trusnov, Týnišťko, Uhersko, Veliny and Vysoké Chvojno.
- Emil Holub, African explorer. Museum dedicated to him was set up in Holice. 
- Harry Horner, art director and set designer
- Jan Kačer, actor and director
- Václav Lohniský, actor
- From 2018, an International Motocross Race - Memorial Michaela Špačka, is held at the beginning of September at the motocross track in Poběžovice. 
- "Population of municipalities of the Czech republic". Czech Statistical Office. Retrieved 2019-04-30.
|This Pardubice Region location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|