Hover (domain registrar)
Type of site
|Industry||Domain Name Registration|
|Products||Domains and email|
|Alexa rank||19455 (August 2015[update])|
Hover is an Internet domain name registration service. Hover is a division of Tucows Incorporated, the second largest ICANN-accredited domain registrar in the world, now that they've purchased eNom, only behind GoDaddy . Tucows is the largest publicly traded registrar and a technology company serving thousands of businesses and millions of Internet users worldwide since 1994. As of March 2010, Tucows is currently managing over 10 million domain names online.
Hover was founded in July 2008 by Tucows Inc. after deciding to merge the three domain registration services they already owned, NetIdentity, It's Your Domain (IYD), and Domain Direct. All NetIdentity, It's Your Domain (IYD), and Domain Direct customers are forwarded to Hover.com for all of their domain, email, and web service management needs.
Hover is using the Tucows wholesale reseller services provided by OpenSRS as its foundation. Hover has removed their automated answering system from their customer support lines so that customers only have to deal with a person rather than a machine.
- "hover.com Site Overview". Alexa Internet. Retrieved 2014-08-10.
- "Largest ICANN Registrars". webhosting.info. Archived from the original on 2014-02-09. Retrieved 2014-02-08.
- "Domain registrar Tucows Inc. reaches milestone 10,000,000 domains under management". Tucows. 2010-03-10. Retrieved 2014-02-08.
- "Say Hello to Hover, the Easiest Way to Buy and Use Domain Names". Tucows. 2008-12-08. Retrieved 2014-02-08.
- Ross Rader (2010-04-26). "Call us, we answer: Announcing No Wait Customer Service". Archived from the original on 2012-03-10.