|Type of business||Private|
|Founded||2004 (as Hosting Media)|
2011 (rebranded to Hostinger)
|No. of locations||Vilnius, Lithuania|
|Key people||Balys Krikščiūnas (CEO)|
Antanas Patašius (CTO)
Domantas Beržanskis (CFO)
|Services||Web Hosting, Shared hosting, Cloud Hosting, VPS, Email, Minecraft Hosting, Windows VPS, WordPress Hosting, Domains|
Hostinger International, Ltd is an employee-owned web hosting provider and internet domain registrar. Established in 2004, Hostinger now has over 29 million users, collectively with its subsidiaries in 178 countries. The company uses cloud web hosting technology and provides hosting with MySQL, FTP and PHP. Hostinger is a parent company of 000Webhost, Niagahoster and Weblink.
Founded in Kaunas, Lithuania in 2004, and was originally named Hosting Media. Back in 2007, a subsidiary 000webhost was established, providing free web hosting worldwide, and in 2008, a US web hosting brand Hosting24 was launched with data centres in Asheville, North Carolina, and United Kingdom.
After rapid international expansion, another web hosting brand and a company was bootstrapped in Indonesia – Niagahoster.co.id, just before Hostinger International had reached 10-million-user base. On 2011, Hosting Media changed its name to Hostinger after reaching 1-million-user milestone.
In 2014, Hostinger services were localized in 39 countries and a company in Brazil, together with a new brand – weblink.com.br, was established. A new data center and a company in Singapore was launched in October the same year.
The company currently has 4 subsidiaries under its ownership:
- 2004 – Hostinger. It is an employee-owned Lithuanian establishment based in Kaunas. It was known as Hosting Media before it was rebranded in 2011. The company currently provides web hosting, VPS, cloud hosting services, and domain registration.
- 2007 – 000Webhost. In 2015 the website was subject to a data breach of 13.5 million users, including their IP addresses, email addresses and plain-text passwords.
- 2008 – Hosting24. Website hosting platform.
- 2013 – Niagahoster. Indonesian web hosting company, launched in 2013.
- 2014 – Weblink. Web hosting brand launched in 2014, based in Brazil.
Hostinger has data centres in 7 locations around the world:
- Gewirtz, David. "Hostinger review: Good support, killer price web hosting". ZDNet. Retrieved 2021-02-24.
- "LiteSpeed Partners".
- "Hostinger declared a partnership with Google Cloud platform". Cloud Host News. 28 March 2020.
- "FT 1000: the fourth annual list of Europe's fastest-growing companies".
- "000Webhost blames PHP exploit for breach of 13.5 million records". Computer Weekly.
- "Web Hosting Jempolan Harga Terjangkau" (in Indonesian). Tempo. 31 March 2018.