CentralNic Group PLC is a British multinational internet services holding company headquartered in London, United Kingdom. Its subsidiaries provide domain name registry and registrar services, in addition to associated products and services, including web hosting, brand management, and domain parking.
In early 2014, CentralNic acquired DomiNIC GmbH.
In 2014, CentralNic acquired retail domain name registrar Internet.BS, for US$7.5m, adding to its expanding Registrar Portfolio.
On 16 July 2018 CentralNic announced a merger with KeyDrive Group in a reverse takeover (according to AIM rules of the London Stock Exchange).
On 6 September 2018 CentralNic acquired Romania and Brazil-focused registrar and domain hosting provider GlobeHosting Inc. for a consideration of €2.56 million.
On 20 May 2019 CentralNic announced plans to acquire the leading Australian and New Zealand domain name and hosting reseller business TPP Wholesale for $24m AUD.
On 1 July 2019 CentralNic acquired international domain name reseller platform Hexonet Group for up to €10 million.
On 7 August 2019 CentralNic acquired international domain name retailer Ideegeo Group Ltd ("Ideegeo") for up to NZD$5.2 million (c.$3.4m USD).
In September 2020 CentralNic announced that it would acquire the Zeropark and Voluum businesses of Polish company Codewise for $36m. The deal was completed in November 2020.
In January 2021 CentralNic acquired french brand protection registrar Safebrands for $4.4m.
Companies within the group
- CentralNic Ltd
- Instra Corporation
- Internet Domain Service BS Corp
- TPP Wholesale
- KeyDrive Group
- toweb Brasil
- KS Registry
- Key-Systems Datacenter
- Team Internet
- Wando Internet Solutions
- VGL Verlagsgesellschaft mbH
Country code top-level domains
New top-level domains
- .ae.org, for United Arab Emirates
- .ar.com, Argentina
- .br.com, Brazil
- .cn.com, China
- .com.de, Germany
- .de.com, Germany
- .eu.com, European Union
- .gb.com, Great Britain
- .gb.net, Great Britain
- .gr.com, Greece
- .hu.com, Hungary
- .jpn.com, Japan
- .jp.net, Japan
- .kr.com, Korea
- .no.com, Norway
- .qc.com, Quebec
- .ru.com, Russia
- .sa.com, Saudi Arabia
- .se.com, Sweden
- .se.net, Sweden
- .uk.com, United Kingdom
- .uk.net, United Kingdom
- .us.com: United States
- .us.org: United States
- .uy.com, Uruguay
- .za.com, South Africa
None of these domains is an official SLD. Therefore, this part of CentralNic's operation is a private sub-domain registry.
These subdomains have been relatively popular and sold across a wide range of domain registrars globally, including GoDaddy, Alibaba, Network Solutions, eNom, Webfusion, GMO Internet, Inc., Gandi, Key Systems, Directi, InternetX, and many others.
- "Company Information - CentralNic Group plc (CNIC)". Hargreaves Lansdown. Retrieved 22 November 2019.
- "CentralNic". Peldon Rose. Retrieved 22 November 2019.
- "Registry - CentralNic". Retrieved 22 November 2019.
- "Retail - CentralNic". Retrieved 22 November 2019.
- "Corporate - CentralNic". Retrieved 22 November 2019.
- McCarthy, Kieren (2004-06-23). "Vote for who should run the UK's Internet". The Register. Retrieved 2008-03-10.
- "Exhibit 1 Information on Nominet UK". ICANN. Retrieved 2008-03-10.
- Titcomb, James (2013-08-12). "UK web domain firm CentralNic eyes London IPO". The Daily Telegraph. Retrieved 2013-08-21.
- "CentralNic acquires assets of DomiNIC GmbH". TheDomains.com. 2014-04-10. Retrieved 2018-03-03.
- "CentralNic buys domain name registrar Internet.bs (IBS) - Domain Name Wire | Domain Name News & Website Stuff". Domain Name Wire | Domain Name News & Website Stuff. 2014-06-16. Retrieved 2018-03-03.
- HawkesBayToday, Patrick O'Sullivan Patrick O'Sullivan is Hawke's Bay Today business editor patrick osullivan@nzme co nz (2015-12-14). "Instra snapped up for $35m". NZ Herald. ISSN 1170-0777. Retrieved 2018-03-03.
|first=has generic name (help)
- "BRIEF-Centralnic Group to acquire business and assets of SK-NIC". Reuters. 2017-08-25. Retrieved 2018-03-03.
- "CentralNic closes transformational acquisition of KeyDrive". 16 July 2018.
- "Press Release, 6th September 2018". Retrieved 2019-11-22.
- "Press Release, May 20th 2019". Retrieved 2019-11-22.
- "Press Release, July 1st 2019". Retrieved 2019-11-22.
- "Press Release, August 7 2019". Retrieved 2019-11-22.
- "CentralNic Acquires Team Internet AG for up to $48 million (USD)". 15 November 2019. Retrieved 16 November 2019..
- "CentralNic to acquire monetization company Codewise for $36 million". 10 September 2020. Retrieved 27 January 2021..
- "CentralNic Group snaps up 'French footprint' SafeBrands, 'making us major non-US company in space'". 18 January 2021. Retrieved 27 January 2021..
- "Complete TLD List : Domain Names : CentralNic". CentralNic website. Retrieved 2019-04-17.
- "Generic Top-level Domains (GTLDS)".
- "Accredited Registrars : Support: CentralNic". centralnic.com. Retrieved 2019-04-17.