Ian Robertson (businessman)
Since early 2008, Robertson has been the head of sales and marketing of BMW Group in Germany. He is also a board member of BMW North America. He was chief executive officer of Rolls-Royce Motor Cars Limited. Robertson is the current Chairman of Rolls-Royce Motor Cars Limited.
Early life and career
He graduated in a degree in maritime studies from the University of Wales in Cardiff. Robertson worked his way to become the purchasing director at Rover. In 1994, he became the managing director of Land Rover and worked there until 1999. At the same time in 1994, BMW acquired the Rover group including its subsidiary brands Land Rover, MG and Mini.
Robertson was appointed Companion of the Order of St Michael and St George (CMG) in the 2012 Birthday Honours for services to the British car industry.
Today Robertson lives close to Munich, with his wife Cherie-Ann. His daughter and son, Rebecca and Matt currently reside in London.
- Graham Ruddick (6 Jun 2010). "BMW's Ian Robertson - the most powerful Brit in the global car industry?". London: Telegraph Media Group Limited 2011.
- "Ian Robertson". BMW-USA.
- "EXECUTIVE PROFILE: Ian Robertson". Bloomberg L.P. 2011.
- Kollewe, Julia (18 March 2011). "Made in Britain: the man driving BMW's global success". The Guardian. London.
- Aston University (15 July 2011). "BMW AG Board Member Ian Robertson receives Honorary degree Ian Robertson". Aston University.
- Dave Leggett (29 July 2011). "INTERVIEW: Ian Robertson, BMW Group sales and marketing director". just-auto.com.
- BMW group (2008-03-13). "Ian Robertson appointed as Head of Sales and Marketing on the BMW AG Board of Management". BMW group.
- "No. 60173". The London Gazette (Supplement). 16 June 2012. p. 3.