Some confusion has been generated by the fact that Andrew Gordon is commonly referred to by his surname. Regarding this, he has said, " I know it can be confusing, but here is the deal: My legal or if you prefer, government name, is Andrew Beauregard Gordon. Andrews is my grandmother Helen’s maiden name and my middle name comes from the confederate general PGT Beauregard who fired on Fort Sumter and basically started our Civil War. Ilona calls me Gordon and that is how I think of myself, in the military we always used our last names." 
The Kate Daniels novels are set in a slightly futuristic Atlanta, where magic and tech periods follow one another. During tech, guns and cars work. During magic, planes fall from the sky and generally anything technological fails but forgotten magic spells work again. In this world, magical creatures again roam the lands. Heroine Kate Daniels is a mercenary who fights various types of monsters. Kate is special: she is a human with some magical abilities but foremost she's a great warrior.
- "A Questionable Client" short story, Kate POV (published in the Dark and Stormy Knights anthology, Ace Books, July 2010, and the Magic Graves anthology, Kindle ebook, September 2011)
- Magic Bites novel, Kate POV, book 1 (Ace Books, March 2007)
- Magic Burns novel, Kate POV, book 2 (Ace Books, April 2008)
- Magic Strikes novel, Kate POV, book 3 (Ace Books, March 2009)
- "Magic Mourns" novella, Andrea POV (published in the Must Love Hellhounds anthology, Ace Books, September 2009)
- Magic Bleeds novel, Kate POV, book 4, (Ace Books, June 2010)
- "Magic Dreams" novella, Dali POV, book 1 (published in the Hexed anthology, Berkley, July 2011)
- Magic Slays novel, Kate POV, book 5 (Ace Books, May 2011)
- "Magic Gifts" short story, Kate POV (published as a free ebook on the author's website during Christmas 2011, and included within Gunmetal Magic)
- Gunmetal Magic novel, Andrea POV, book 1 (Ace Books, July 2012)
- "Magic Tests" short story, Julie POV (published in the An Apple for the Creature anthology, Ace Books, August 2012, and included within Magic Breaks)
- Magic Rises novel, Kate POV, book 6 (Ace Books, July 2013)
- Magic Breaks novel, Kate POV, book 7 (Ace Books, July 2014)
- "Magic Steals" novella, Dali POV, book 2 (published in the Night Shift anthology, Ace Books, November 25, 2014) 
- Magic Shifts novel, Kate POV, book 8 (Ace Books, August 4, 2015) 
- "Magic Stars" novella, Derek POV, book 8.5 (December 2015)
- Magic Binds novel, Kate POV, book 9 (September 2016)
The Edge world is in between the 'normal' earth and a magical world that looks remarkably the same. It's a small piece of land where some things are magical and some are not. Most people on either side cannot go across a border, so the edgers are generally left alone. But the few people that can cross borders cause trouble...
- On the Edge (Ace Books, September 2009)
- Bayou Moon (Ace Books, September 2010)
- Fate's Edge (Ace Books, November 2011)
- Steel's Edge (Ace Books, December 2012)
- Silent Blade (eBook, Samhain Publishing, June 2009)
- Silver Shark (eBook, Samhain Publishing, April 2011)
Innkeeper Chronicles, or Dina Demille
Earth, as we know it, is a busy way-station for extraterrestrials. However, the people of Earth don't know about other worlds or aliens yet, so by intergalactic treaty, aliens visiting Earth must stay at designated Inns and cannot reveal themselves to the native inhabitants. The Inns, and the Innkeepers who run them, are magically powerful and dedicated to two things: protecting their guests, and maintaining the ignorance of Earth's people to the existence of alien cultures. Dina Demille comes from a family of innkeepers and recently woke her own inn, Gertrude Hunt, from a slumber. As Gertrude Hunt is largely unknown, getting visitors and keeping a thriving inn is tough. Fortunately, Dina is also tough, but goes to extremes to make her visitors happy, whilst keeping the Inn a secret for the local population.
The Innkeeper Chronicles all first appeared as a series of blog posts on the Ilona Andrews website. After full publication, the posts were edited and published as a book.
- Clean Sweep (December 2013)
- Sweep in Peace (November 2015)
- One Fell Sweep expected 2016
- 0.5 Of Swine and Roses (March 2011, short story) 
- Burn for me (Avon Romance, October 2014)
- White Hot expected May 2017
- Untitled expected August 2017
- "Grace of Small Magics" (published in The Mammoth Book of Paranormal Romance anthology, March 2009 and Under Her Skin)
- "Alphas: Origins" (published in Angels of Darkness anthology, October 2011)
- "Questing Beast"
- "A Mere Formality"
- "Ilona Andrews". 2011-12-02.
- "Reviews and Awards". www.ilona-andrews.com. Retrieved 13 January 2015.
- "Press Kit". www.ilona-andrews.com. Retrieved 13 January 2015.
- "Night Shift". worldcat.org. Retrieved 7 January 2015.
- "Kate Daniels". ilona-andrews.com. Retrieved 22 July 2015.
- Andrews, Ilona. "Letter To The Readers". Hidden Legacy. Retrieved 9 July 2015.
- "Angels of Darkness". WorldCat.org. Retrieved 20 February 2013.