In the Fishtank 10
|In the Fishtank 10|
|Released||October 2, 2003|
|Label||In the Fishtank (Konkurrent)|
|In the Fishtank chronology|
In the Fishtank 10 is a 2003 EP by Motorpsycho and Jaga Jazzist Horns, recorded in 2002 during their European tour and released via the Konkurrent label in 2003. Motorpsycho did a handful gigs together with the horn section of Jaga Jazzist and used to opportunity to record their addition to the Fishtank series.
The style differs heavily from both Motorpsycho and Jaga Jazzist records, consisting of mainly jazz fusion. The first three tracks can be described as rather soothing, with track 2 (a reworking of the song from Angels and Daemons at Play) as highlight. "Theme de Yoyo", a cover of the Art Ensemble of Chicago song, steps (partly) into free jazz and "Tristano" is built around a hypnotic bassline (which is a recurring trademark of Motorpsycho) and clocks in at nearly 21 minutes, making it the second-longest studio track the band has recorded (the longest being the title track off of Little Lucid Moments).
Although this release clocks in at over 46 minutes, it is still regarded as an EP due to the number of songs, the usage of a re-worked older song and a cover tune.
- "Bombay Brassiere" (Horntveth) – 5:57
- "Pills, Powders and Passion Plays" (Sæther) – 7:05
- "Doffen Ah Um" (Munkeby/Sæther) – 4:57
- "Theme de Yoyo" (F. Bass/L. Bowie/M. Favors/J. Jarman/R. Mitchell/F.D. Moye) – 7:28
- "Tristano" (Ryan) – 20:53
- Bent Sæther: bass, guitar, prepared piano, solina string ensemble, percussion, vocals
- Hans Magnus Ryan: guitars, bass
- Håkon Gebhardt: drums, percussion
- Baard Slagsvold: grand piano, clavinette, nord electro, vocals
Jaga Jazzist Horns:
- Mathias Eick: trumpet, marimba, percussion, vocals
- Lars Horntveth: tenor sax, bass-clarinet, marimba, vibraphone, percussion, vocals
- Jørgen Munkeby: flute, tenor sax, clarinet, marimba, percussion, vocals
|This 2000s jazz album-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This EP-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|