|2017–18 ECHL season|
|Home arena||Indiana Farmers Coliseum|
|Colors||Red, gold, black, white
|Owner(s)||Indiana Hockey Club, LLC (Jim & Sean Hallett and Jerry Williams)|
|Head coach||Bernie John|
|Affiliates||Chicago Blackhawks (NHL)
Rockford IceHogs (AHL)
The Indy Fuel is a minor league ice hockey team in the Central Division of the ECHL's Western Conference and began play in the 2014–15 season. Based in Indianapolis, Indiana, the Fuel play their home games at the Indiana Farmers Coliseum on the Indiana State Fairgrounds. They are affiliated with the NHL's Chicago Blackhawks and the AHL's Rockford IceHogs.
On November 11, 2013, the ECHL's board of governors approved the expansion membership application of the Indy Fuel for admission to the league for the 2014–15 season. On October 17, 2014, the Fuel played their franchise opening game against the Fort Wayne Komets, reigniting the Indianapolis and Fort Wayne rivalry after 15 years in a 4–5 defeat.
On March 7, 2016, the Indy Fuel relieved their inaugural head coach Scott Hillman and named Bernie John as interim head coach for the remainder of the 2015–16 season. On April 8, 2016, the interim tag was removed and John was named head coach and vice president of hockey operations for the 2016–17 season.
|Season||GP||W||L||OTL||SOL||PTS||GF||GA||PIM||Regular season finish||Playoffs|
|2014–15||72||31||30||4||7||73||197||221||1026||6th, North||Did not qualify|
|2015–16||72||32||36||4||0||68||174||201||786||4th, Midwest||Did not qualify|
|2016–17||72||23||42||3||4||53||196||290||849||6th, Central||Did not qualify|
- "City's new pro hockey team to be called Indy Fuel". Indianapolis Business Journal. IBJ Media. November 26, 2013. Retrieved November 26, 2013.
- "Indy Fuel lose franchise opener 5–4 to Fort Wayne". Indy Star. 2014-10-17. Retrieved 2014-10-17.
- "Fuel Make Coaching Change". Indy Fuel. March 7, 2016.
- "Bernie John named Indy Fuel head coach". Indy Fuel. April 8, 2016.
- "Indy Fuel roster". Indy Fuel. 2015-01-08. Retrieved 2016-07-12.