||The topic of this article may not meet Wikipedia's notability guideline for biographies. (October 2016) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
|Born||January 17, 1914
Brooklyn, New York, United States
|Died||October 1, 1972 (aged 58)
Massachusetts, United States
|Cause of death||Heartattack|
|Alma mater||Brooklyn College
Tufts Dental School
|Employer||Tufts Dental School
|Home town||Brooklyn, New York, United States|
|Spouse(s)||Violeta Arboleda (former wife)|
Irving Glickman (January 17, 1914 – October 1, 1972) was an American clinical researcher in the field of periodontology and author. He was one of the first to classify furcation defects and the role of occlusal trauma on periodontal disease.
In 1965, he proposed a theory involving the relation of occlusal trauma to periodontal disease which led to further research in animal models. He subsequently married Violeta Arboleda, who went on to practice as a periodontist. After that they had two children, Alan and Denise.
Glickman died on October 1, 1972, aged 58, following a heart attack.[where?] In January 2012, Tufts University School of Dental Medicine dedicated the periodontology library, naming it in his honor.
- Clinical Periodontology  (originally published as Glickman's Clinical Periodontology, the Fifth Edition was dedicated to his memory. The book continued to be published under the editorship of Fermin A. Carranza, and the title changed to Carranza's Clinical Periodontology )
- Jan Lindhe: Trauma from Occlusion: Periodontal Tissues. In Jan Lindhe, editor: Clinical Periodontology and Implant Dentistry, 5th Edition, Blackwell Munksgaard 2008, p. 350.
- "News@TuftsDental – January 2013". Tufts University School of Dental Medicine. February 2012. Archived from the original on November 24, 2013. Retrieved December 15, 2013.
- T Siji Jacob; P Arunmozhi (2008). Viva Voce in Periodontics. Jaypee Brothers Publishers. pp. 74–. ISBN 9788184483772.
- Reddy, Shantipriya; Reddy (2008). Essentials of Clinical Periodontology and Periodontics. Jaypee Brothers Publishers. pp. 367–. ISBN 9788184481488. Retrieved December 15, 2013.
- Heasman, Peter (2013-05-24). Master Dentistry: Volume 2: Restorative Dentistry, Paediatric Dentistry and Orthodontics. Elsevier Health Sciences UK. pp. 84–. ISBN 9780702055584. Retrieved December 15, 2013.
- "Weddings/Celebrations; Joyce Robbins, Alan Glickman", New York Times, p. 921, November 16, 2003, retrieved December 15, 2013
- Glickman, Irving; Fermin A. Carranza (1990-01-01). Glickman's Clinical Periodontology. Saunders. ISBN 9780721622484. Retrieved December 15, 2013.
- Newman, Michael G.; Takei, Henry; Klokkevold, Perry R.; Fermin A. Carranza (2011-02-14). Carranza's Clinical Periodontology. Elsevier Health Sciences. pp. 740–. ISBN 9781455706389. Retrieved December 15, 2013.