It's OK! (Atomic Kitten song)
|Single by Atomic Kitten|
|from the album Feels So Good|
|Released||20 May 2002|
|Format||CD, music download|
|Recorded||Motor Museum Studios|
|Genre||Bubblegum pop, Europop|
|Writer(s)||Mikkel Storleer Eriksen, Tor Erik Hermansen, Hallgeir Rustan|
|Atomic Kitten singles chronology|
"It's OK!" is a song by British girl band Atomic Kitten. It was written by Hallgeir Rustan along with Mikkel Storleer Eriksen and Tor Erik Hermansen from Stargate and recorded for the band's second album Feels So Good (2002). The song was released by Virgin Records as the lead single from the album in May 2002 and became a worldwide commercial success.
The single was a worldwide success, selling over 400,000 copies worldwide. It peaked at #17 on the European Singles Chart, and #22 on the Worldwide Chart. The song went straight in at number 3 on the British charts. It became the 35th best selling single of 2002, sold 218,346 copies, and was certified silver. It was the group's fourth th best selling single in the United Kingdom. The single achieved the group's highest success in Denmark, peaking at #9.
The song also became a top ten hit in the Republic of Ireland, Austria, and Switzerland, and a top twenty hit in Wallonia, Belgium, New Zealand, Germany and Spain. In Australia, the song's highest chart position was #24. However, it still was the fourth best selling single by the group there. In Sweden, the song peaked at #21, just missing the top 20, and in the Netherlands, the song reached #29. In Flanders, Belgium the song managed to secure a #33 position, and in France, the song peaked at #37, staying in the top 40 for two weeks. Despite this, it was their third highest charting single over there.
The music video for the song is set on a Beach in South Africa. The girls are doing activities such as sunbathing and paddling in the sea. The group then venture the coastline after jumping into a car, which Jenny Frost is driving; admiring the scenery and singing along to the song. During the bridge section of the song, the group attend a party in a bar at the beach, dancing with several people in the evening. During this, it occasionally switches to the group dancing on a pier, during the tranquil sunset. The video then ends with the girls sitting around a campfire, in the dead of night, with the party still in mid-conflict. Throughout the process of the video, the girls are constantly staring at different men in the bar at night. The video is famous for the girl's wearing bikinis and other sexy clothing, the feel good vibes and the stylish, modernness of the video. Also, If you look carefully, you can see a bump on Natasha Hamilton's stomach, showing that she is in her early stages of pregnancy. In a Behind The Scenes featurette for GMTV, Jenny claims that Natasha is 5-months pregnant at the time of filming. The Kittens also claim that the backstory to the video is that they have all split up with their boyfriends and decide to take a spontaneous holiday.
- It's OK! (Album/Single Version) - 3:17
- It's OK! (Alternative Radio Mix) - 3:15
- It's OK! (M*A*S*H Radio Mix) - 3:52
- It's OK! (M*A*S*H Club Mix ) - 6:28
- It's OK! (Almighty Radio Edit) - 3:24
- It's OK! (Almighty Mix) - 6:34
- "Australian-charts.com – Atomic Kitten – It's OK". ARIA Top 50 Singles. Retrieved 2013-02-24.
- "Austriancharts.at – Atomic Kitten – It's OK" (in German). Ö3 Austria Top 40. Retrieved 2013-02-24.
- "Danishcharts.com – Atomic Kitten – It's OK". Tracklisten. Retrieved 2013-02-24.
- "Ultratop.be – Atomic Kitten – It's OK" (in Dutch). Ultratop 50. Retrieved 2013-02-24.
- "Ultratop.be – Atomic Kitten – It's OK" (in French). Ultratop 50. Retrieved 2013-02-24.
- "Lescharts.com – Atomic Kitten – It's OK" (in French). Les classement single. Retrieved 2013-02-24.
- "Musicline.de – Atomic Kitten Single-Chartverfolgung" (in German). Media Control Charts. PhonoNet GmbH. Retrieved 2013-02-24.
- "Archívum – Slágerlisták – MAHASZ" (in Hungarian). Rádiós Top 40 játszási lista. Magyar Hanglemezkiadók Szövetsége. Retrieved 2010-12-08.
- "Chart Track: Week 28, 2002". Irish Singles Chart. Retrieved 2013-02-24.
- "Italiancharts.com – Atomic Kitten – It's OK". Top Digital Download. Retrieved 2013-02-24.
- "Nederlandse Top 40 – Atomic Kitten search results" (in Dutch) Dutch Top 40. Retrieved 2013-02-24.
- "Charts.org.nz – Atomic Kitten – It's OK". Top 40 Singles. Retrieved 2013-02-24.
- "Polish Airplay Charts - Lista krajowa 23/2002". PiF PaF Production. Archived from the original on October 23, 2007. Retrieved December 27, 2016.
- Salaverri, Fernando (September 2005). Sólo éxitos: año a año, 1959–2002 (1st ed.). Spain: Fundación Autor-SGAE. ISBN 84-8048-639-2.
- "Swedishcharts.com – Atomic Kitten – It's OK". Singles Top 100. Retrieved 2013-02-24.
- "Swisscharts.com – Atomic Kitten – It's OK". Swiss Singles Chart. Retrieved 2013-02-24.
- TTNET Singles Chart
- "Atomic Kitten: Artist Chart History" Official Charts Company. Retrieved 2013-02-24.
-  2002 Austrian year end singles
- "Top 100 Singles-Jahrescharts (2002)". Offiziellecharts.de. Retrieved 2015-11-22.
-  2002 Swiss year end singles