This article's use of external links may not follow Wikipedia's policies or guidelines. (October 2018) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Born||May 20, 1971|
Buffalo, New York
|Occupation||Artist, producer, writer, gamer, businessman|
Jace Hall (born May 20, 1971 in Buffalo, New York) is an American film, television and video game producer, best known for being founder and Chief Executive Officer of Monolith Productions Inc and President of HDFILMS, INC., and for hit Youtube Music Video, 'I Play W.O.W', featured on IGN's Youtube Channel, hitting over 16 million views.
Hall is currently a General Partner at Vision Esports where he provides management oversight, strategic planning and operational guidance to the three esports companies. He is former CEO at premier esports franchise Echo Fox, where he provided executive oversight as the company grew from a single team competing in League of Legends to 11 teams and 40 roster players competing in 12 different esports games.
He is also the star, producer, and writer of the online reality series The Jace Hall Show and currently serves as the executive producer of web series The Morning After, having previously done so on ABC's TV series V.
After becoming the Senior Vice President and General Manager of Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment (WBIE) in 2004, Hall produced and released video games including The Matrix Online, F.E.A.R., Condemned: Criminal Origins, 300: March to Glory, Justice League Heroes, Happy Feet, Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire, Batman Begins and Friends: The One with All the Trivia video game. One of his most notable roles inside a video game is as the voice of Tchernobog in Blood and Blood II: The Chosen as well as The Voice, the BloodBath commentator, and the up-and-coming adventures of where's Waldo.
In 2007, Hall founded HDFILMS INC., a production company that produces film, television, videogame and online content. The company is best known for its original reality show, The Jace Hall Show, which debuted on Crackle.com and reached over 4 million viewers. In 2010, the show switched to IGN and is currently airing its 5th season online at IGN START.
HDFILMS produces The Morning After, a daily, pop culture online series appearing on Hulu's front page.
HDFILMS also produced the Online Series, Fan Wars, with Stan Lee, in which Hall also starred as the Judge.
Hall was also announced as the Creator/Executive Producer of Space 2099, a re-imagining of the original Space 1999. Hall said "While we are indeed re-imagining the franchise and bringing something new and relevant to today’s audiences...I feel strongly that some of the overall tones set by the original Space: 1999 television show represent an exciting platform to explore possibilities."
In March 2014, Hall purchased Twin Galaxies, an organization dedicated to adjudicating and archiving video game high scores and achievements. He currently holds the position of head custodian and caretaker of the Twin Galaxies organization.
Video games credited (partial list)
|2011||Fallout: New Vegas add-on Old World Blues||Toaster|
|2007||300: March to Glory|
|2006||Justice League Heroes|
|2005||Charlie and the Chocolate Factory|
- V The Series (2009–2010) (Warner Bros. Television) Executive Producer. Television series based on V (1983 miniseries) which premiered on NBC. Pilot in development with ABC and written by Scott Peters of The 4400.
- The Unforgettable (2011) – (Warner Bros.) Co-producer and Original Concept by. Original concept entitled Species X or Iniquity, created by Hall and Nathan Hendrickson, is the basis for the movie as well as the video game Condemned: Criminal Origins and Condemned 2: Bloodshot.
- Brothers in Arms (2009) – Executive Producer. Supposedly based on a true story, action is set at the end of WWII, when Gen. George S. Patton ordered up a top-secret mission to rescue his son-in-law from a POW camp 60 miles behind German lines. The brass said 3,000 men were needed for the job; Patton allotted 294 and a leader who wouldn’t quit, a 24-year-old captain named Abe Baum.
- PVC-1 (2008) – Producer. Film was an award-nominated entry in the Cannes International Film Festival in 2007. IFC Films announced the acquisition of the film in 2008 for its Festival Direct arm.
Online content credited
- "1337LoungeLive" (2013-Present) HDFILMS, Inc. Executive Producer - 1337LoungeLive is the world’s first interactive multi-cam live video game broadcast. They invite celebrity guests from Hollywood, the web, and the video game industry into their plush gaming space to engage with fans and to go a few rounds on the Ultimate Game Machine.
- "The Morning After" (2011–Present) (HDFILMS, INC.) Executive Producer - Pop Culture, Daily Online-Series appearing on Hulu.com
- "Fan Wars" (2012) HDFILMS, Inc. Executive Producer, Judge - Court-inspired debate show pitting comic book fans head to head, arguing nerdy subjects.
- Chadam – Executive Producer - Animated series created by Alex Pardee and produced by HDFilms and Warner Bros. Television with Todd Roy to air online in 2009. The entire series was built using the Unreal Engine 3 - known as the engine behind the games Gears of War and BioShock. Hall pushed the boundaries of traditional filmmaking by using a computer game engine in order to meet the challenge of animating Pardee's surreal work.
- The Jace Hall Show – Executive Producer - The Jace Hall Show is an online reality show co-created with Todd Roy, which airs on Microsoft's Xbox Live Marketplace, Sony's Crackle.com and Ign. The show covers video game news and personalities as well as interviews with film/TV/sports celebrities.
- Grant, Christopher (2008-06-04). "Jason Hall: From Monolith to WBIE to 'The Jace Show'". Joystiq. Retrieved 2012-03-21.
- IGN (2010-03-22), Jace Hall - I Play W.O.W Music Video, retrieved 2017-09-11
- "Video game creator Jace Hall tries hand at TV with ABC's "V" remake". VentureBeat. 2009-11-04. Retrieved 2012-03-21.
-  Archived March 9, 2012, at the Wayback Machine.
- "IGN START". youtube.com. 2012-09-13. Retrieved 2012-09-12.
- "Video: Jace Hall - Mortal Kombat [Unsigned Hype]". Worldstarhiphop.com. Retrieved 2012-03-21.
- "iTunes - Music - Video Games Aren't Bad For You by Jace Hall". Itunes.apple.com. 2010-03-02. Retrieved 2012-03-21.
- "Jace Hall Show Authors". Jacehallshow.com. 2011-12-07. Retrieved 2012-03-21.
- "jacehallshow.com - Information from Alexa Internet". Alexa.com. Retrieved 2012-03-21.
- "Space 2099 Hollywood Reporter". hollywoodreporter.com. 2012-02-09. Retrieved 2012-09-12.
- "TG Under Transition - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia". En.wikipedia.org. Retrieved 2015-08-04.
- "The WB can only be viewed in the United States". Thewb.com. Retrieved 2012-03-21.
- Hsu, Jeremy (2011-04-13). "Gaming Software Offers Cheap Alternative to Hollywood Animation Tools". InnovationNewsDaily.
- The Jace Hall Show, Crackle