Jacob's Ladder (Not in My Name)
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
||The topic of this article may not meet Wikipedia's notability guideline for music. (April 2012) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
|"Jacob's Ladder (Not in My Name)"|
|Single by Chumbawamba|
|Recorded||2002 at Woodlands Studio, Castleford, UK|
|Writer(s)||Chumbawamba & Davy Graham|
|Chumbawamba singles chronology|
It contains two major samples:
- The descending bass line and guitar lick from Davey Graham's song "Anji" (hence the co-writing credit).
- The voice from Harry Cox's song "The Pretty Ploughboy" off his album A Century of Song ("And they sent him down into the war to be slain, be slain... / And they sent him down into the war to be slain.")
The song can be downloaded from the band's website here.
- "Jacob's Ladder (Not in My Name)"
- "Jacob's Ladder (Albumesque)"
- "Round 'Em Up and Throw 'Em In"
- "Jacob's Ladder (Not in My Name) overview". AllMusic. RhythmOne. Retrieved 13 April 2017.