|James S. Crown|
|Born||June 25, 1953|
|Parent(s)||Renée Schine Crown
|Family||Henry Crown (grandfather)
Junius Myer Schine (grandfather)
G. David Schine (uncle)
Susan Crown (sister)
James Schine Crown (born June 25, 1953) is an American businessman and heir. He is president of Henry Crown and Company, a family investment company. He is a director of JPMorgan Chase & Co., General Dynamics and Sara Lee. He is also the managing partner of the Aspen Skiing Company.
He earned a BA from Hampshire College in Amherst, Massachusetts, in 1976 and a law degree from Stanford Law School in 1980. He served as chairman of the board of trustees of the University of Chicago from 2003 to 2009. After law school, Crown worked as an associate for Salomon Brothers in New York City where he became a vice president in the Capital Markets Service Group in 1983. In 1985, he returned to Chicago to join his family's investment firm.
- "James S. Crown". NNDB. Retrieved April 2, 2011.
- Daly, Louise (October 17, 2005). "Crown Family". Crain's Chicago Business. Retrieved May 11, 2014.
- Condon, Scott (July 8, 2008). "Aspen Skiing Co.'s Jim Crown shares views on the ski industry". Aspen Times. Retrieved May 11, 2014.
- "University's Board of Trustees vote James Crown as new Chairman, succeeding Edgar Jannotta". University of Chicago Chronicle. June 13, 2003. Retrieved May 11, 2014.
- "James Crown to step down as Chairman of the Board of Trustees". University of Chicago Chronicle. February 12, 2009. Retrieved May 11, 2014.
- Aspen Institute: "James Schine Crown" retrieved August 17, 2017