|James S. Crown|
|Born||June 25, 1953|
James Schine Crown (born June 25, 1953) is an American businessman and heir. He is president of Henry Crown and Company, a family investment company. He is a director of JPMorgan Chase & Co., General Dynamics and Sara Lee. He is also the managing partner of the Aspen Skiing Company.
He earned a BA from Hampshire College in Amherst, Massachusetts in 1976 and a law degree from Stanford Law School in 1980. He served as chairman of the board of trustees of the University of Chicago from 2003 to 2009.
- "James S. Crown". NNDB. Retrieved 2 April 2011.
- Daly, Louise (October 17, 2005). "Crown Family". Crain's Chicago Business. Retrieved 11 May 2014.
- Condon, Scott (July 8, 2008). "Aspen Skiing Co.'s Jim Crown shares views on the ski industry". Aspen Times. Retrieved 11 May 2014.
- "University's Board of Trustees vote James Crown as new Chairman, succeeding Edgar Jannotta". University of Chicago Chronicle. June 13, 2003. Retrieved 11 May 2014.
- "James Crown to step down as Chairman of the Board of Trustees". University of Chicago Chronicle. February 12, 2009. Retrieved 11 May 2014.