Jason Farol FMF performance
April 3, 1993 |
Torrance, California, United States
Jason Farol (born April 3, 1993) Is an American singer from Torrance, California, United States, who placed third in the American television series Duets, alongside mentor Kelly Clarkson. In August 2012, Farol signed with Viva Records, and released his debut Philippine album in October 2013.
Life and career
Jason Farol was born in Torrance, California, on April 3, 1993. Farol's mother is of Filipino and Irish descent, and father of Filipino descent. Farol credits his first exposure to music was through his father, who is also a singer, and bought a Karaoke system where Farol began to be introduced to the musical styles of Jazz and Blues. In August 2011, he began attending Cal State Dominguez Hills in Carson, California, to pursue a degree in Occupational Therapy.
Farol auditioned for the ABC reality competition series Duets for a chance to be a part of Kelly Clarkson's team. Having successfully passed two rounds of auditions with producers, he auditioned in front of Clarkson, singing "At Last" by Etta James, and "When A Man Loves A Woman" by Percy Sledge. After advancing, Clarkson narrowed it down to two finalist to compete for a slot on the show. On April 10, 2012, during this round, Clarkson, brought Farol on stage during her Stronger Tour stop in San Diego to sing "Poison & Wine" by The Civil Wars. After a successful performance, Clarkson picked Farol to compete in the Top 8 as her duet partner.
On May 24, 2012, Duets premiered on ABC. Clarkson and Farol sang "Breaking Your Own Heart" off Clarkson's Stronger album. After the results were tallied, Farol found himself in last place among the 8 contestants. Farol consistently found himself in the bottom 2 over the next two weeks, and was up for elimination during the first eliminations of the season. Farol sung "Me and Mrs. Jones" as his save me song, and was saved by the judges. As the show progressed, Farol improved and made it to the top 5, live shows, where he consistently placed in the top 2. During the first Live Show, Farol and Clarkson sang "Mercy" by Duffy. In the top 4, during Standards week, Farol and Clarkson sang "Feeling Good" where he received his first standing ovation. In the Top 3 live shows, Farol earned himself another standing ovation from all four judges for his performance of "Runaway Baby" by Bruno Mars Farol secured a spot in the season finale where he took third place.
|Week #||Theme||Song Choice||Results|
|Audition||N/A||"At Last", When A Man Loves A Woman||Advanced|
|Concert Audition||N/A||Poison & Wine||Advanced|
|Week 1||Superstars Greatest Hits||"Breaking Your Own Heart"||8th place|
|Week 2||Classic Duets||"Whenever You Call"||7th Place|
|Top 8||Songs That Inspire||"Hallelujah" /Bottom 2 song - "Me and Mrs. Jones"||7th -Bottom 2 - Safe|
|Top 7||Party Songs||"(I Can't Get No) Satisfaction"||5th Place - Safe|
|Top 6||Movie Night||"Come What May"||6th - Bottom 2 - Safe|
|Top 5 - Live Shows||Songs From the 2000s||"Mercy"||Safe|
|Top 4 - Live Shows||Favorite Standards||"Feeling Good"||Top 2 - Safe|
|Top 3 - Live Shows||Superstars Choice||"Me and Mrs. Jones", 'Runaway Baby"||Top 2 - Safe|
|Finale||N/A||"Heartbreak Hotel"||3rd Place|
Post Duets Career
After Duets ended, Clarkson invited Farol to reprise their duet of "Mercy" at the Hollywood Bowl during her Stronger Tour stop on July 30, 2012. He would later sing the National Anthem for the Oakland A's and the Los Angeles Lakers In August 2012, Farol signed a record deal overseas in the Philippines with Viva Entertainment. In October 2013, Farol released his debut self-titled Philippine album, and participated in his first musical tour of the country. His first single off the album, "I believe in Love Again" charted and peaked at #16 on Myx. On October 27, 2013, Farol made his Philippine television debut on ASAP 19 where he performed with Sarah Geronimo, singing Me and Mrs Jones. Following his duet with Geronimo, Farol became Sarah's opening act during her Perfect 10 Concert Tour. Farol then recorded the theme song for the Viva Film, "When The Love Is Gone". In the U.S, Farol collaborated with writers of Perfect Storm Music Group and released his first U.S single and music video, "Contagious" in February 2014.
In 2014, Farol signed with ABS-CBN to join the television show ASAP. In June 2014, Farol performed alongside Basil Valdez and Mark Bautista during the 2014 Miss Manila Coronation. Farol's music video for his second Philippine single, "Kung Ikaw At Ako" was released in August 2014, featuring the ABS-CBN, Pure Love teleserye star, Yam Concepcion.
In January 2015, Farol was announced as part of the line up for Fusion Music Festival, the first Philippine music festival. A few months later in March, Farol's music video for his newest single, "Kahapon" debuted on Myx and MTV_Pinoy. "Kahapon later became part of the soundtrack for the film "Your Place Or Mine?"
In 2016, Farol began working on his first E.P entiled "Walkabout" for the U.S. Farol released three singles from the E.P called "Decompress", "Dream", and "Tonight".
- "'Duets' Premiere Recap: Robin Thicke, Kelly Clarkson, Jennifer Nettles And John Legend Perform With Their Partners | Kimberly Nagaran". Huffingtonpost.com. 2012-05-25. Retrieved 2015-04-23.
- [dead link]
- "Jason Farol debuts album in PH". Viva.com.ph. 2013-10-16. Retrieved 2015-04-23.
- "Fil-Am Jason Farol Lands 3rd Placer in 'Duets' Finale (We Heard He's Batangueño!)". WOWBatangas .com. Retrieved 2015-04-23.
- "Duet with destiny | Manila Bulletin | Latest Breaking News | News Philippines". Mb.com.ph. Retrieved 2015-04-23.
- "Bronze is the New Gold for 'Duets' Finalist Jason Farol | AJ Magazines". Asianjournal.com. 2013-10-02. Retrieved 2015-04-23.
- "Jason Farol". Tastevinmag.com. 2013-08-04. Retrieved 2015-04-23.
- "Kelly Clarkson's 'Duets' Show Spoiler, Reveals Her Top Two Choices!". Radar Online. 2012-04-12. Retrieved 2015-04-23.
- Menconi, David. "Kelly Clarkson (Superstar) - Meet the 'Duets' Superstars: Kelly Clarkson, Robin Thicke, John Legend and Jennifer Nettles Take on ABC's New Show". Rolling Stone. Retrieved 2015-04-23.
- "'Duets' Week 3 Recap: Alexis Foster Sent Home on Inspiration Episode". Popcrush.com. Retrieved 2015-04-23.
- "Duets TV Show". TVGuide.com. 2012-09-05. Retrieved 2015-04-23.
- Nudd, Tim. "Kelly Clarkson Performs Live with Duets Partners - TV News, Jennifer Nettles, Kelly Clarkson, Lionel Richie, Robin Thicke". People.com. Retrieved 2015-04-23.
- "'Duets' Top 4 Recap: Lowering The Standards?". Music.yahoo.com. 2012-07-06. Retrieved 2015-04-23.
- "Duets: Kelly Clarkson Makes The Final Three With Me & Mrs Jones!". PerezHilton.com. 2012-07-15. Retrieved 2015-04-23.
- "Duets Finale: Who Was the Show's First Winner?". E! Online. Retrieved 2015-04-23.
- Yaneza, Rickey (2012-07-31). "Kelly Clarkson with John Legend and Jason Farol - Hollywood Bowl - Videos". Rickey.org. Retrieved 2015-04-23.
- "Fil-Am Duets sensation signs up with Viva Records | Entertainment, News, The Philippine Star". philstar.com. 2013-10-04. Retrieved 2015-04-23.
- "Fil-Am 'Duets' star Jason Farol in Manila". Rappler.com. 2013-10-16. Retrieved 2015-04-23.
- "What Will JASON FAROL Dress Up As This Halloween? - MYX | YOUR CHOICE. YOUR MUSIC". Myxph.com. 2013-10-31. Retrieved 2015-04-23.
- "VIDEO: Sarah Geronimo & Jason Farol 'Me & Mrs. Jones' Duet on ASAP18". Abs-cbn.com. Retrieved 2015-04-23.
- "ASAP Rocks : Episode dated 27 October 2013". IMDb.com. Retrieved 2015-04-23.
- https://web.archive.org/web/20140314072910/http://sarahgeronimo.ph/blog/tag/perfect-10/page/2. Archived from the original on March 14, 2014. Retrieved March 14, 2014. Missing or empty
- "When the Love Is Gone (2013)". IMDb.com. Retrieved 2015-04-23.