|Full name||Jaydev Dipakbhai Unadkat|
18 October 1991 |
Jaysingpur, Maharashtra, India
|Batting style||Right-hand bat|
|Bowling style||Left arm fast-medium|
|Only Test (cap 267)||16 December 2010 v South Africa|
|ODI debut (cap 197)||24 July 2013 v Zimbabwe|
|Last ODI||21 November 2013 v West Indies|
|Domestic team information|
|2010–2012||Kolkata Knight Riders|
|2013||Royal Challengers Bangalore|
|2016||Kolkata Knight Riders|
|2017-present||Rising Pune Supergiants|
|Source: ESPNcricinfo, 23 December 2016|
On the second day of his playing against the Rajasthan Royals in the IPL he took three wickets and did some impressive fielding. His performance on this day brought him the man of the match trophy. He has played 3 matches for the Kolkata Knight Riders in the Indian Premier League. Unadkat's consistent performance helped him enter the Indian team. He was also selected for the test against Australia.He is an aggressive bowler as well as a fielder. When he played for KKR he was coached by Pakistani legend Wasim Akram who described him as an exciting prospect for the future.
He debuted for India against South Africa on 16 December 2010 for the 1st Test at Centurion. He was brought in place of Zaheer Khan who sat out because of injury . however, He took no wickets in this match.
From 2011 to present, he has failed to deliver any impressive performance, rendering him irregular in domestic matches.
After his stint with Kolkata Knight Riders, he was picked up by the Royal Challengers Bangalore in the Player Auction for IPL-6 as one of the costliest Indian buys for $525,000. During IPL 6, his impressive string of performances earned him great praise from RCB coach Ray Jennings, who said that Unadkat would make a big comeback into the Indian Team.
On 10 May 2013 he achieved best career bowling figures of 5 for 25 in four overs in IPL playing against Delhi Daredevils. He was named Man of the Match for that Performance.
On 12 February 2014, he was picked up by the Delhi Daredevils with a bid of 2.80 crores in the IPL-7 auction. He took 8 wickets in the 5 match ODI series vs Zimbabwe with best figures 4-41, but Unadkat has failed to impress against big teams as he went wicketless in ODIs vs Australia and West Indies.
On 6 February 2016, he was again picked up by the Kolkata Knight Riders with their highest bid that auction, ₹160 lakh (US$240,000) for the IPL Season 9.
- "Jaydev Unadkat". ESPN Cricinfo.
- "Jaydev Unadkat". Delhi Daredevils.
- "Jaydev Unadkat". cricinfo.com.
- "IPL player list at 2013 auction". ESPN Cricinfo. 3 February 2013.
- Jaydev Unadkat's five-wicket haul sees Bangalore home by four runs against Delhi
- "Watson goes for whopping 9.5 cr, Negi emerges costliest Indian buy". The Hindu. 2016-02-06. ISSN 0971-751X. Retrieved 2016-02-06.
- "India tour of Zimbabwe, 1st T20I: Zimbabwe v India at Harare, Jun 18, 2016". ESPN Cricinfo. Retrieved 18 June 2016.
- "List of players sold and unsold at IPL auction 2017". ESPN Cricinfo. Retrieved 20 February 2017.