|Born||1955 (age 63–64)|
|Alma mater||Johns Hopkins University, M.P.H.|
Jeffrey S. Crowley (born c. 1965) is best known as a member of the Domestic Policy Council in the administration of U.S. President Barack Obama as the Director of the Office of National AIDS Policy (ONAP) from 2009 to 2011, tasked with coordinating the U.S. government's efforts regarding HIV/AIDS prevention, treatment and care and developing the National HIV/AIDS Strategy.
Previously, Crowley was a senior scholar and researcher at the Health Policy Institute at Georgetown University where he focused on Medicare and Medicaid policy from 2000 to 2009. Prior to that time, he worked at the National Association of People with AIDS, beginning as a public policy intern in 1994, and finally serving as Deputy Executive Director for Programs in 2000.
Crowley is the author of both research and consumer education publications, and has made numerous presentations on HIV/AIDS and disability issues.
Crowley was raised in Grand Rapids, Michigan. He graduated from Kalamazoo College with a B.A. in chemistry, and earned a Master of Public Health degree from Johns Hopkins University. After graduation from college, Crowley served in the United States Peace Corps as a high school science teacher in Swaziland.
- Davids, Julie (26 February 2009). "New AIDS Czar Widely Praised by Advocates". RH Reality Check. Retrieved 4 May 2010.
- "Jeffrey S. Crowley will join Domestic Policy Council as Top Advisor on HIV/AIDS issues". Office of the White House Press Secretary. 26 February 2009. Archived from the original on 11 April 2010. Retrieved 4 May 2010.
- Edney, Anna. "Decision Makers ~ Profiles Of Key Players In The Obama Administration: Jeffrey Crowley". National Journal. Archived from the original on March 2, 2010. Retrieved 4 May 2010.
- "Jeffrey S. Crowley, M.P.H. curriculum vitae" (PDF). Georgetown University. Archived from the original (PDF) on 9 June 2010. Retrieved 4 May 2010.
- Appearances on C-SPAN
- Georgetown University: Health Policy Institute: Jeff Crowley
- YouTube: USHealthReform's channel: Health Reform & Americans with Disabilities (05/20/2010 Web chat) (Crowley is a guest expert in the video)