Jessica Lee Goldyn
Jessica Lee Goldyn
|Years active||2006 ─ present|
|Spouse(s)||Luke Ballantyne (m. 2018)|
Jessica Lee Goldyn (born December 26, 1985) is an American Broadway actress who performed in the revival of A Chorus Line as Val. She played the lead role of Cassie from August 10, 2008 opposite Mario Lopez who played the character Zack, until the show ended its Broadway revival run on August 17, 2008. Goldyn had been an understudy for the lead character of Cassie.
Goldyn grew up in Parsippany-Troy Hills, New Jersey where she spent her early years dancing. Her mother taught her dance until she was old enough to attend dance class. Additionally, She did gymnastics competitively, starting around age 7.
Goldyn has trained with the New Jersey Ballet Company and has been a student and instructor at the Worth Tyrrell Studios.
Goldyn was a Children's Foundation for the Arts grant recipient from 1998-2003.
On Instagram, Goldlyn has posted selectively about her sobriety. She has been sober for 6 years as of 2019.
In 2018, she married her now husband, Luke Ballantyne.
Goldyn has been credited in various roles over the years. Some of them include: Fosse, regional production of A Chorus Line also as Val, Sweet Charity as Charity, Ensemble of A Christmas Carol at North Shore Music Theatre, and Ensemble of Pippin at the Arvada Center. Goldyn has previously played the Chorus Line character Cassie before, as well as Val in addition to roles in Sweet Charity and Pippin.
In 2015, Goldyn returned to Broadway in Finding Neverland at the Lunt-Fontanne Theatre. Goldyn was previously featured in the short-lived Broadway production of Tuck Everlasting, which opened April 26, 2016 at the Broadhurst Theatre.. Unfortunately, the show only ran a total of 28 Previews and 39 regular performances and closed on May 29, 2016.
Other Stage Work
On the Town
Goldyn portrayed Ivy in On the Town as part of New York City Center's 2008-2009 Encores! season. Part of a citywide celebration this season of Leonard Bernstein's 90th birthday who wrote the original score for On the Town. Goldyn starred opposite Justin Bohon as Chip, Christian Borle as Ozzie and Tony Yazbeck as Gabey. The other female romantic counterparts of the three sailors on shore leave in the Big Apple were Leslie Kritzer as Hildy Esterhazy and Jennifer Laura Thompson as Claire DeLoone. On the Town first opened in 1944 at the Adelphi Theatre.
Crazy for You
In August 2010 Jessica replaced Felicia Finley as Lola in Damn Yankees at the John W. Engeman Theater in Northport.
As of 2019, Goldlyn is playing Roxie Hart in Fulton Theatre's production of Chicago. Alongside her is fellow Chorus Line cast member Heather Parcells, as Velma. Its set to open in January 2019, and close mid-February.
|2006-08||A Chorus Line||Valerie Clark||Closed show as Cassie.|
|2016||Tuck Everlasting||Ensemble||U/S Mother|
- "Cast". A Chorus Line. Archived from the original on 2007-12-27. Retrieved 2008-01-18.
- "D'Amboise to Leave A Chorus Line Before Closing; Goldyn is Final Cassie". Broadway.Com. Retrieved 2008-08-06.
- "Jessica Lee Goldyn". IBDB Internet Broadway Database. Retrieved 2008-01-18.
- Ronni Reich/The Star-Ledger. "A Chorus Line: Ready to tread the boards". NJ.COM. Retrieved 2012-10-03.
- "Broadway bound: Arvada Center actress wins a key role in 'Chorus Line'". Rocky Mountain News. Archived from the original on June 8, 2007. Retrieved 2008-01-18.
- "Jessica Goldyn". New Jersey Theater. Retrieved 2008-01-18.
- "Celebrity Buzz: Who's Who Jessica Lee Goldyn". Playbill. Retrieved 2008-01-18.
- "Jessica Lee Goldyn | Playbill". Playbill. Retrieved 2016-02-26.
- "Broadway's Tuck Everlasting Announces Complete Casting". TheaterMania.com. Retrieved 2016-02-26.
- "Hello, Broadway! Meet the Cast of HELLO, DOLLY!, Opening Tonight". broadwayworld.com. Retrieved 2018-04-27.
- "Headlines:Complete Cast Announced for On the Town at Encores!". Broadway.com. Archived from the original on October 27, 2008. Retrieved 2008-10-28.
- "Crazy for You, with Goldyn and Yazbeck, at Maine State". Playbill. Archived from the original on 2013-02-01. Retrieved 2009-06-29.
- "Anderson, Sills, Crampton, Goldyn to lead Paper Mill Playhouse Peter Pan". Retrieved 2010-05-06.
- William Westhoven. "Broadway's Goldyn heading for Neverland at the Paper Mill". Archived from the original on 2013-01-21. Retrieved 2010-06-02.
- IBDB Jessica Lee Goldyn at the Internet Broadway Database
- A Chorus Line: Now Playing On Broadway; The Cast: Jessica Lee Goldyn (Val)
- Playbill: Jessica Lee Goldyn
- Broadway.Com: On The Line: Meeting The Stars Of A Chorus Line
- CBS Evening News: Jersey Girl Is A Singular Sensation
- MASTER CLASS with Jessica Lee Goldyn
- Rocky Mountain News - Broadway bound: Arvada Center actress wins a key role in 'Chorus Line'
- The New Yorker - Toeing The Line: "A Chorus Line" is back on Broadway
- NJ.COM - A Chorus Line: Ready to tread the boards